Mirror relocation brackets advice

The.Ernie

Okay so I got two relocation brackets, I’ve been searching up how to remove the windshield screws (after I stripped a screw, whoever invented torx bits deserves foot up where the sun don’t shine), and apparently a soldering iron is the way to go, but when I put the screws back in to hold the bracket do I need to apply anti seize stuff or not? Also any advice on removing them?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
Okay so I got two relocation brackets, I’ve been searching up how to remove the windshield screws (after I stripped a screw, whoever invented torx bits deserves foot up where the sun don’t shine), and apparently a soldering iron is the way to go, but when I put the screws back in to hold the bracket do I need to apply anti seize stuff or not? Also any advice on removing them?

Are you permanently moving the factory mirrors?

I made that mistake with my YJ back in the day. With the doors on, the passenger side mirror was absolutely useless. You could only see it when the doors were off.

Wider aftermarket mirrors would be a different story.

14JK-U

if you're just wanting to do it temporarily I would return those brackets. buy a set of stem mirrors off amazon for $30 or find an old set of Harley stem mirrors on craigslist or a local motorcycle shop for about $10

edit: the stem mirrors will just slip into the hinge your door came off and a nut on the bottom will hold it tight. the mirrors will rattle and shake and make everything look like a blob of color when you look at them but they'll keep you legal

The.Ernie

if you're just wanting to do it temporarily I would return those brackets. buy a set of stem mirrors off amazon for $30 or find an old set of Harley stem mirrors on craigslist or a local motorcycle shop for about $10

edit: the stem mirrors will just slip into the hinge your door came off and a nut on the bottom will hold it tight. the mirrors will rattle and shake and make everything look like a blob of color when you look at them but they'll keep you legal

Dude thanks, that’s seriously all I want. You just saved me time and money.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug

Holy shit that works perfect as mirrors for my TJ too. I never thought of motorcycle mirrors.

Sent from my PH-1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom