Brakes, Pads, and Rotors question???

MericaMade

So now with the upgrade to 37s on a 17 JKU Rubi and I am thinking brakes are the next logical upgrade. I see a lot of different kits out there some rotors only some with bigger caliper and pads. What are you guys running and recommendations for brake upgrades?

fiend

Caught the Bug
Important if you want your rotors to catch a bunch of water, mud, and other debris that eats your pads and causes premature rotor wear.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
LOL, thanks, well good because slotted are more expensive from the random ones I was looking at. Now do you guys suggest upgrading the rotors only or rotors, calipers, and pads?

a good brake SYSTEM is what I suggest. I did the dynatrac Progrips.

And if I'm being honest, havent thought much about them since. Took a little getting used to the pedal after throwing the groceries off the back seats at first, but all is good now. :2thumbsup:

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
LOL, thanks, well good because slotted are more expensive from the random ones I was looking at. Now do you guys suggest upgrading the rotors only or rotors, calipers, and pads?

I’ve been running ProGrips for almost a year now, I am very pleased with the braking power. I am on 37s for 3 years now, with ProGrips for a year almost, I am finally comfortable with going down the obstacles knowing my Jeep will actually stop when I need it to. Brake pedal feels nice and firm with ProGrips, just like from factory.

If you are upgrading calipers to a double piston ,you should also upgrade your brake booster and brake lines, and after all that work your brake pedal will feel mushy. I don’t know that form experience, it’s the information I found during my research prior to upgrading the brakes.

MericaMade

I’ve been running ProGrips for almost a year now, I am very pleased with the braking power. I am on 37s for 3 years now, with ProGrips for a year almost, I am finally comfortable with going down the obstacles knowing my Jeep will actually stop when I need it to. Brake pedal feels nice and firm with ProGrips, just like from factory.

If you are upgrading calipers to a double piston ,you should also upgrade your brake booster and brake lines, and after all that work your brake pedal will feel mushy. I don’t know that form experience, it’s the information I found during my research prior to upgrading the brakes.

Well I am glad I asked about slotted.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
So I am looking into the Daynatrac progrips and see they do not come with calipers with more pistons. Do you guys suggest upgrading the calipers too?

Are these overkill? https://www.quadratec.com/products/12710_040X_PG.htm

Overkill for what?

ultra4?

42's and 600hp @ 100+ mph through the desert :idontknow:

stock jeep? ... Probably... :thinking:

But then again, people are running V8/coilovers/40's on the progrips and are happy as can be... so I'm not sure what exactly you are looking for...

Last edited:

MericaMade

Overkill for what?

ultra4?

42's and 600hp @ 100+ mph through the desert :idontknow:

stock jeep? ... Probably... :thinking:

But then again, people are running V8/coilovers/40's on the progrips and are happy as can be... so I'm not sure what exactly you are looking for...

You'll be just fine with the Dynatrac ProGrip kit as is.

Thanks for the info, I appreciate you guys helping me out.

Last edited:

jeeeep

Hooked
save your money and get the Dynatrac ProGrips, no need to swap a bunch of parts when the ProGrips will get the job done :thumb:

save your money and get the Dynatrac ProGrips, no need to swap a bunch of parts when the ProGrips will get the job done :thumb:

Agreed. It's a simple system that works very well. I've run the Progrips for almost a year now with 37s and a bunch of armor. I bought the front and rears separately due to my budget but am glad I went straight for them.

MericaMade

Agreed. It's a simple system that works very well. I've run the Progrips for almost a year now with 37s and a bunch of armor. I bought the front and rears separately due to my budget but am glad I went straight for them.

Great to hear. Glad I don't need to spend 1500 per set like the Wilwood ones cost.

dytrdr5

I’m running the Teraflex bigger rotor kit with the Dynatrac progrip pads in the front and stock rotors in the rear. Pretty good combination up front

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom