Rubicon Trail.

resqman911

Hey guys looking for some info.

I’m going to be running the Rubicon in a few weeks ( I did half of the trail last year but didn’t realize the weekend I choose was also the same weekend as the Jeepers Jamboree and got turned around just before Buck Island ) My question for those with quite a bit experience on the trail, I have a friend going thats running an XJ on 3 inches of lift and 32’s , is he going to be in over his head or is the trail do-able for him using bypasses as needed?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hopefully the trail is free of snow all the way by the time you go. As far as your friends rig goes, is it safe to assume he at least has lockers? If not, he's gonna have a hell of a time. Wouldn't be so back toward the end of summer but right after the snow melt, the trail is typically a LOT harder.

ChiliDawg

Hey guys looking for some info.

I’m going to be running the Rubicon in a few weeks ( I did half of the trail last year but didn’t realize the weekend I choose was also the same weekend as the Jeepers Jamboree and got turned around just before Buck Island ) My question for those with quite a bit experience on the trail, I have a friend going thats running an XJ on 3 inches of lift and 32’s , is he going to be in over his head or is the trail do-able for him using bypasses as needed?

JMO, but he's likely gonna have a miserable time if he's running open diffs and only 32's. You might too, if you spend the whole time yanking him off of rocks or fixing what he's breaking. Even if he takes the bypasses he's going to be hitting a lot of rocks.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
He does have lockers front and rear, I just don’t want to spend 3 days fixing him and towing him if his Jeep isn’t ready for it

Well, only he would know what kind of condition his Jeep is in. Assuming it's in good working order and assuming he's a good driver, he might be fine. The trail is different ever year so it'd be hard to say conclusively how he'd do.

Top Bottom