new toy

14JK-U

Me and the wife ended up purchasing a new to us 1987 YJ for banging around and taking into places we're not comfortable taking our 2014 JKU and 2015 JK daily drivers.
4.2 cylinder automatic, anti-wrap springs, full armor, full rock hard cage, rear diff is spooled and front is locked with a lockrite, NP231 w/slip yoke eliminator, 8K warn, 35x13.50x15 toyo's, and tub is lined, we're pretty excited to take it on it's first outing and see how it does so I can start modifying to make it ours

Attachments

• 1987 2.jpg
    1987 2.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 93
  • 1987 1.jpg
    1987 1.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 97

14JK-U

thanks, it's carbureted and I haven't had one of those in about 15 years so it'll be a learning curve again. fuel injection kit runs about 1k but we're waiting on the axles to grenade so we can replace those. wonder how long the D30/35 combo will last :cheesy:

14JK-U

tomorrow it's going under the wrench for a few days to drain and replace every ounce of fluid in it. the trans doesn't shift to great, almost like it's stuck in 4lo even tho it isn't, its having trouble finding 2nd. i'll be playing with the TV cable after replacing trans fluid since previous owner doesn't remember how long it's been and it sat for 8 months. excited to finally have a jeep that needs wrenching again. just hoping the tranny isn't to busted up, but it was a steal so :idontknow:

Top Bottom