Quieter ride?

jbg_132

I know this might not be changeable, but does anyone have any advice on how to make my ride more quiet? I have a 1994 YJ. I’ve already sprayed raptor on the inside and put a carpet kit, and I’ve also gotten new door seals; I wondering if there’s anything else I can do for it?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

14JK-U

What type of noise are you getting? If it's road noise welcome to owning an older jeep. If it's wind or whistling check all your seals. Doors, tops, windows, windshield. A cracked gasket or brittle one causes A lot of random noise

TimwithaTJ

I put carpet on the inside of my hardtop and it not only helped with being a quieter ride, but also helps with insulation.

Oreo_penguin536

Maybe a revival but none the less, I would go dynamat. I haven’t had a chance to do it to my 94’yj yet but I figure if you rhinoline the whole tub, dynamat and carpet you should be set. My buddy used dynamat on his dodge and I was impressed by the result. His truck is LOUD. He got in it a bit when I was helping him move and we held a conversation like we were sitting in a library. Keep in mind his truck is a 850hp Cummins, 8in straight pipe, compound turbo, cam etc etc so by no means is that thing quiet[emoji23]

If you have a hardtop I would also check ALL fasteners and make sure everything is tight and splurge on some universal top fasteners. Made a big difference in mine. Maybe some weather stripping between the top and tub as well

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom