Ironman Tires?

Rebelcon

Ruby is getting some new shoes and Ironman tires keep popping up. I haven't really ever heard about them, which most the times means they are either too new or too sucky to even mention. My girl deserves good shoes so does anyone have any experience with these tires? Are they any good?

Bear_JT

Hooked
I would say pass on them IMHO, unless you want a potentially cheap set of tires. I have no experience with them, but in my personal experience with brands like Cooper, Nitto, BFG, General, and Toyo you have tons of better options.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Ruby is getting some new shoes and Ironman tires keep popping up. I haven't really ever heard about them, which most the times means they are either too new or too sucky to even mention. My girl deserves good shoes so does anyone have any experience with these tires? Are they any good?

I generally like tires that need little to no balance once mounted... just my $0.02; Because of it, I stick with Cooper, Nitto, or Toyo... DTs around here don't like to touch beadlocks anyway.

...and lets be real, I don't like stripped/over torqued lugs. so it's a win/win.

trailraider

I believe they are made by Hurcules. IMHO Cheap garbage, I wouldn't trust keeping my vehicle connected to the pavement going around a corner. this is what you sell someone who wants new but at a used tire price.

Mikecal9985

I’ve got a set of 35’s all Country’s with no issue. So far so good when rains. I’m in Florida so rain is a daily thing, especially in the summer. They handle well even going around corners, I mean I wouldn’t go around a corner at like 50mph, but if it’s that sharp of a corner, I wouldn’t recommend doing 50 anyways. When I first had them mounted, they filled them up to 45psi...talk about a harsh ride. As soon as I got home, I dropped them down to 30 and man, what a difference. They did h e to add some weights to get them balanced, but other than that, I don’t have any complaints. They are pretty loud tho, but the hum they give off doesn’t bother me. Hope this helps [emoji1303]

robx251

Caught the Bug
A lot of people up around here have been running them and seem to like them. But they are a cheap tire I’m sure they will have a Corr is ponding tread life... that being said they are a subsidiary of cooper.

TxCoastie

I've been riding the Ironman a/t set for 21 months now and are 265s. I have about 11,000 miles on them. I drive about 65% road and about 35% sand (beach.)

They're very quiet. I inflate to 41psi all around. So far I see no abnormal wear as I inspect them.

Its a lower budget tire but seem to be holding up fine thus far. I dont do any extreme offroading but in soft sand (beach time) and heavy rains (Hurricane Harvey evac) this tire has no let me down (never go stuck and never hydoplaned.)

These tires were installed new by the lot on my used Jeep when I bought it so no complaints here. I wouldnt buy them personally mainly in the future because theyre not an "experienced" tire. When theyre done I plan on either Toyo, Falken, or Goodyear tires.

Hope this is helpful.

Top Bottom