LED Headlights

tonywjk

Ok...

I posted a note about one of my truck-lite headlights not working. Took every apart and all pieces are dry. Reconnected everything and its dead. Now the million dollar question, do i drop $$ on another set of truck lites or is there any other company out there that makes a good/better/best LED headlight other than Truck Lite??

Would appreciate hearing what is on your Jeep????

Last edited:

Tree Frog

First thing to do is verify that the bulb is actually bad.
Switch sides. Swap just the bulb, not the anti flicker harness. ( you may have already done this and I may have missed it)
The connection between the anti flicker harness and the Jeeps factory wiring can be a problem.
I was having all sorts of problems and it was the connection where the factory bulb would have plugged in.
Dealership wanted a small fortune to get a new harness. I just said screw it and cut it out then hard wired it in. No further problems.
FWIW I am running KCs, like daylight.

jeeeep

Hooked
I like the Vision -X but one side has recently begun to flicker.

I swapped the pigtail ballast and sure enough now the other side is flickering.

RonG

My Speakers stopped working. I zip tied the connection and they worked again for a while but eventually died again. Finally, I cut the factory connectors from the harness and replaced them with Putcos. No problems since. I think the wire in the harness fractured by the factory connector.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

BobNH

Ok...

I posted a note about one of my truck-lite headlights not working. Took every apart and all pieces are dry. Reconnected everything and its dead. Now the million dollar question, do i drop $$ on another set of truck lites or is there any other company out there that makes a good/better/best LED headlight other than Truck Lite??

Would appreciate hearing what is on your Jeep????
Can you get to the circuit board with a multi meter and 10x magnifier? My first guess would be a broken solder connection with a component. If, as others suggested, Truck-Lites does not have an answer/replacement and they are junk now anyway, can't hurt, just try to reflow some cracked joints. The LED's are pretty much forever, it's the circuitry that fails.
I have had my JW Speakers a year and they have been great, even through a pretty tough New England winter, as in a lot of road salt/debris, snow, slush, etc.
The only trouble I had was a wet slushy snow storm, the snow built up on the lens. They still threw enough light to work though, just very diffused

Amaled

I really like these. These have a equal or maybe better pattern than the Ethers. I have ran about 12 different types of the china brands including a set of trucklites ,KC ,and the Quads.

I'm not bashing trucklite, KC, or quadratecs they make a nice product as does JW Speaker. I'm speaking from hands on experience with sunpie, Lantsun ,Loyo, Ether, wukmu, oppo and a couple other companies I have delt with. Keep in mind quadratecs,inspired engineering and raxiom all are made in China as well just sold by a good company in America. Well the raxiom and Quads https://10carbest.com/best-jeep-wrangler-led-headlights are I have never delt with inspired engineering hands on so I'm just assuming they are a good company since there a vendor on the forum.
Ether,Lantsun,and wukmu stand by there products better than any of the others. They only ask for a few details of the problem and send you a replacement. I'm not going to say their products are flawless but they all have a nice beam pattern and decent cutoff. Ether and Lantsun being the best of the two and the one I deal with more than the others. The worst is sunpies. Worst experience I have had with any of them. Terrible customer service and you really have to go out of your way to get a replacement light from them. I would avoid them at all cost. With that being said here are the ones I'm speaking about. I got these about 4 weeks ago and these are the first of any I have ran that have made me not want anything else. These have a sharp cutoff equal to ether and are the closes to my wife's BMW that I have saw.
IMG_20160419_121716_zpsj3ft0ad2.jpg

jorgelrod

Hooked
My Speakers stopped working. I zip tied the connection and they worked again for a while but eventually died again. Finally, I cut the factory connectors from the harness and replaced them with Putcos. No problems since. I think the wire in the harness fractured by the factory connector.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mind sharing some more info, my passenger side one does this occasionally and it's annoying. I have it zip tied but every once in a while I have to jiggle it cause it stops working.

Last edited:

fiend

Caught the Bug
I have had the Quadratecs for a while now and they have been flawless. Much better than OE. FWIW, quadratec says they are made in Taiwan, not China.

Top Bottom