TJ Intake Question

halex_SF

Hello Everybody.

I have a 2004 Jeep TJ, it’s been with me for several years now, but since I bought it it came with a "Cold Air Intake", to be specific, the K&N 57-1514-1, I’ve been looking for the stock air intake for at least two years and I don’t find one (at least one in decent shape), my question is, is there any intake similar to the stock one, I just found cold air systems but I don’t like them, they let a lot of dust to go inside the engine..

My jeep is a late 2004 model, it has the intake manifold of the 2005 and 2006 models, so the air intake temperature sensor is located on the intake tube, this has made my search a lot more difficult (specially because if you look for pictures or information on the internet or the dealership about the 2004 wrangler they have the information for the "old" intake system).

Thanks in advance, any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• S5002650.JPG
    S5002650.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 99

WJCO

Meme King
Hello Everybody.

I have a 2004 Jeep TJ, it’s been with me for several years now, but since I bought it it came with a "Cold Air Intake", to be specific, the K&N 57-1514-1, I’ve been looking for the stock air intake for at least two years and I don’t find one (at least one in decent shape), my question is, is there any intake similar to the stock one, I just found cold air systems but I don’t like them, they let a lot of dust to go inside the engine..

My jeep is a late 2004 model, it has the intake manifold of the 2005 and 2006 models, so the air intake temperature sensor is located on the intake tube, this has made my search a lot more difficult (specially because if you look for pictures or information on the internet or the dealership about the 2004 wrangler they have the information for the "old" intake system).

Thanks in advance, any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to Wayalife. Check around on eBay. It won't be cheap to piece it together but looks like they're out there:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...ngler+intake+tube&_sacat=0&LH_ItemCondition=4

Untitled.jpg

14JK-U

Junk yard. TJs are pretty common since they've been around for 20+ years. There's bound to be one there

zomblake

Junk yard. TJs are pretty common since they've been around for 20+ years. There's bound to be one there

I'm not sure exactly what years and models would be compatible, but Cherokees and grand Cherokees from around the same time with the same engine probably have the same or similar airbox and are much more common at junkyards, at least in my area.

When I bought my YJ, it had a pvc snorkel that looked horrible and didn't have a filter, so I pulled an airbox out of a late 90s Cherokee. It had to be cut down and epoxied back together to fit, but it still uses the factory filter and hose. I still look for the correct airbox every time I go to the junkyard but haven't found one that's complete.

Top Bottom