Moab Aug 19-25

desertrunner

My wife and I are gonna be headed to moab in August arriving the 19th leaving the 25th. Not sure anyone from my group of friends will be able to join me but I will be out there for sure if anyone else happens to be out there and wants to meet up I'm all for it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
Last time I was in Moab in the summer it was 113 degrees in the shade. Hope your AC is functional.

trailraider

It will take a week just to acclimatize to the heat, but we go end of August as you have the trails virtually to yourselves. but unfortunately this is our off year as we only go every second.

desertrunner

Oh yeah I'm well aware the heat is gonna be brutal. I'm originally from the Mojave desert so I'm used to heat, but with work and my wife in school this is the only shot we have at moab this year so it's either that or nothing. The top will definitely be staying on that's for sure

Oh yeah I'm well aware the heat is gonna be brutal. I'm originally from the Mojave desert so I'm used to heat, but with work and my wife in school this is the only shot we have at moab this year so it's either that or nothing. The top will definitely be staying on that's for sure

Night runs will be great! Probably need a jacket. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

woof359

just got home from moab

we got there Saturday morning and just returned home today, our first time there,

I was surprise my little sport handled some of the trails just fine and Shaffers trail scared the willies out of the better half, 4 days just wasn't enough but we learned a lot just being there and what to expect the next time, cant wait to go back

Attachments

• SUN (25).jpg
    SUN (25).jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 118

I-Eat-Mud

I might actually be able to make this. I've never been out to Moab before, and would love to run around with some people who know the area little.

desertrunner

Just wanted to toss up an update. I'm still gonna be in moab next week, looking at wheeling Monday Wednesday and Friday, gonna try to get early starts so we can beat the heat a bit. I haven't picked out trails yet but this will be the first true test of the new rig so I probably wont be going crazy

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Just wanted to toss up an update. I'm still gonna be in moab next week, looking at wheeling Monday Wednesday and Friday, gonna try to get early starts so we can beat the heat a bit. I haven't picked out trails yet but this will be the first true test of the new rig so I probably wont be going crazy

Have fun. Wish I could join you but school (work for me) just started up again.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

desertrunner

Ran gold bar rim and golden spike up the the crack today then back out the way we came in. Jeep performed awesome, although I will say that's about as difficult as I can handle with my wife and dog, and solo (didnt see a single person on the trail today). This is my first real test wheeling the 2dr on the same stuff as my old 4dr. So far so good it's a hell of a jeep, the waterfall was a tad sketchy though Haha but made it up and down unassisted so I'll take it

20180820_144156.jpg

20180820_125850.jpg

20180820_115334.jpg

20180820_115251.jpg

20180820_114637.jpg

20180820_111242.jpg

20180820_110622.jpg

20180820_095008.jpg

20180820_092734.jpg

20180820_130030.jpg

Last edited:

desertrunner

No jeeping today but we hiked into mary Jane slot canyon back to the waterfall. About 8.5 miles round trip. And it did start raining and hailing on us in the way out. Crazy how fast water starts flowing down into the canyon from every direction. I can see how it would be super dangerous to be in those really tight canyons when it rains.

20180821_103458.jpg

20180821_112501.jpg

20180821_115414.jpg

20180821_115835.jpg

20180821_120844.jpg

20180821_133016.jpg

desertrunner

So I have 2 more days of jeeping out here and I'm struggling on which ones to pick.

In my head I have steel bender, and top of the world both of which i have never run before and then metal masher or behind the rocks which i have both run before.

I'm thinking top of the world is gonna be worth the drive to go check out but for the last day I'm not sure which of the 3 I wanna run..... also keeping in mind its rained the last 2 days and I'm solo with my wife spotting so I'm not trying to go out and get myself stuck or broken,

Any advice?

Last edited:

desertrunner

Ok I've made up my mind we are gonna do top of the world tomorrow and fins and things Friday before we head back home. I would really like to do moab rim but I think that is just a bit too much trail for my wife to spot me through solo.

HatcHJeeP

Great pictures! I’m going to Moab next month and planning which trails to do now, so this is great hearing about your trip and giving me ideas.

Top Bottom