Reid Knuckles pros/cons

RyanHanley

I’m very interested in buying a set of the Reid knuckles being that I will be swapping out my ball joints with the Dynatrac prosteer I figure that this would be the best time to go about changing my knuckles and I just wanted to hear if anyone has had problems with them or if it’s the greatest mod some of you have done? Or would some of you recommend going with other brands? 93AA68C0-90AF-4120-97C0-6E3DB0761846-49742-000012E187A7AA94.jpeg B3773744-0FF0-4C29-ACB1-7B678C8597E3-49742-000012E17ADF21C6.jpeg

WJCO

Meme King
The Rancho ones are pretty much identical (but red), and are cheaper. I have them and have no issues. They're not necessary but if you're set on getting a set, Rancho over Reid would be more cost effective.

Pro is that the knuckle machined taper fits your flipped draglink right out of the box (assuming you have a raised track bar bracket already), and it raises the tie rod up about an inch.

Really the only con is that they're more expensive than just drilling out your OEM knuckle for your drag link flip.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/36661-New!!!!-High-steer-knuckles-for-your-JK!!!!

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Pros:
  • 1" additional tiered clearance
  • Already drilled for high steer
  • Painted orange

Cons:
  • You already have factory knuckles
  • A 13/16 drill bit is much cheaper
  • The factory tie rod mount is already higher than the bottom of the axle
  • $$
  • $$$