Evo price increase

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Was just going through their website and a couple distributor websites and seem prices have increased quite a bit. Anyone know why? Price increase from taxes in Cali or charging companies sales tax that are still shipping out of state?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Perhaps I'm reading too far into it, but it seems to me that the tariff on imported steel has driven up demand for domestic steel. This results in raised prices due to supply and demand. Good for the US steel economy, bad(ish) for the consumers who pay more for their products.

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Perhaps I'm reading too far into it, but it seems to me that the tariff on imported steel has driven up demand for domestic steel. This results in raised prices due to supply and demand. Good for the US steel economy, bad(ish) for the consumers who pay more for their products.

Bad trump! Driving up the working class.. [emoji6]

BaddestCross

Well, assuming that everyone's favorite "made in America" companies haven't been using Teraflex steel this whole time, you're probably right on here. If this is the case, US steel companies will ramp up production and prices will correct themselves.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Ddays

Hooked
US steel companies will ramp up production and prices will correct themselves.

Do you really think they will decrease profits? Trump decided to hold off of these tariffs Monday. Did anyone say, "ok, no price increases because there are no tariffs!" Not one.
Everyone is proceeding with their announced price increases. My industry is going up 15%

BaddestCross

Do you really think they will decrease profits? Trump decided to hold off of these tariffs Monday. Did anyone say, "ok, no price increases because there are no tariffs!" Not one.
Everyone is proceeding with their announced price increases. My industry is going up 15%
I didn't say they'd go down, I said they'd level out. But going down isn't necessarily unheard of either when you're talking about supply and demand.

Edit: I said "correct themselves," but same thing in my book. Prices could continue to go up until the supply/demand is equalized. Economics is fun.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Last edited:

fiend

Caught the Bug

Uncertainty breeds nervousness. If you’re not sure where things are headed, you’re going to want to protect yourself. Increasing prices does that, especially if you think all your competitors are doing the same.

Ddays

Hooked
especially if you think all your competitors are doing the same.

Bingo. If everyone goes along its an easy way to shore up pricing. I'm not against said increase, just think its ironic since the tariffs were called off

Top Bottom