Hardtop Paint Job

Dwats350

So this happened....
Could not stand the white anymore so I took it upon myself to make a change. The absolute last thing someone should do is half ass this job. By that I mean if you want a professional quality job stay away from rattle can jobs. I’ve read all over the internet about people saying the paint they got at the local car parts store looks amazing but in all reality I would like to hear from someone who did the job and it actually lasted. I went to a pro paint shop United Sales in Akron Ohio and they explained to me the difference between rattle can and pro paint. It’s quite simple... Activator. The paint they use professionally on vehicles has an activator that is used to harden the paint. Usually mixed to a 4:1 ratio. I used an adhesion promoter, hotrod black and activator. All together less than $50. I’ve had my fair share of rattle can projects in the past but after learning the difference I will never go that route again. Do the job right the first time and save yourself the trouble to do it again in the future.

IMG_0577.jpg
IMG_0609.jpg IMG_0612.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

ihaveemerged

So this happened....
Could not stand the white anymore so I took it upon myself to make a change. The absolute last thing someone should do is half ass this job. By that I mean if you want a professional quality job stay away from rattle can jobs. I’ve read all over the internet about people saying the paint they got at the local car parts store looks amazing but in all reality I would like to hear from someone who did the job and it actually lasted. I went to a pro paint shop United Sales in Akron Ohio and they explained to me the difference between rattle can and pro paint. It’s quite simple... Activator. The paint they use professionally on vehicles has an activator that is used to harden the paint. Usually mixed to a 4:1 ratio. I used an adhesion promoter, hotrod black and activator. All together less than $50. I’ve had my fair share of rattle can projects in the past but after learning the difference I will never go that route again. Do the job right the first time and save yourself the trouble to do it again in the future.

View attachment 302241
View attachment 302239 View attachment 302240

Looks waaaaaaaaaaaay better! I’ve been thinking of doing something like this and I think you are right having it done professionally.

Dwats350

Wow nice work! It looks great.

Not to drag but are you afraid that dark color is gonna attract more heat?

Only time will tell but from all of the research I’ve done there hasn’t been any real evidence of that being true. In my opinion Chrysler is just to damn cheap to match the interior.

Top Bottom