Webasto Throwback

BJS11JKU

Anyone know when the Throwback will be back in stock? I’ve not made much progress in my quest to find this info. From all reviews, it’s clearly superior to the Bestop brand and much easier to install/uninstall. It’s been backordered for months. Getting frustrated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boardsurfer

I dont know how you arrived at "clearly superior," (a whopping 13 reviews on Amazon) but the bestop has been nothing but perfect for me. :idontknow:

I suppose you can go with a known company with a decades-long track record or a no-name and keep waiting.

Edit: dishonest pieces of shit too.

Last edited:

BJS11JKU

I dont know how you arrived at "clearly superior," (a whopping 13 reviews on Amazon) but the bestop has been nothing but perfect for me. :idontknow:

I suppose you can go with a known company with a decades-long track record or a no-name and keep waiting.

Webasto has been in business since 1901. I’ve read reviews from multiple sites, mostly from Wrangler forums such as this one. I’m happy to hear the Bestop is working well for you. However, that does not seem to be the case for everyone. There are people who have switched from Bestop to the Throwback and have been much happier. No need to take it as a personal affront. Relax and enjoy the ride! [emoji41]

WJCO

Meme King
Webasto has been in business since 1901. I’ve read reviews from multiple sites, mostly from Wrangler forums such as this one. I’m happy to hear the Bestop is working well for you. However, that does not seem to be the case for everyone. There are people who have switched from Bestop to the Throwback and have been much happier. No need to take it as a personal affront. Relax and enjoy the ride! [emoji41]

Lol, Webasto. I'd never heard of them until one of their managers tried to solicit their product undercover here. I wouldn't do business with that company at all myself. Here's the thread:

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php...by-Webasto-Go-Fuck-Yourself?highlight=webasto

Ddays

Hooked
Anyone know when the Throwback will be back in stock? I’ve not made much progress in my quest to find this info. From all reviews, it’s clearly superior to the Bestop brand and much easier to install/uninstall. It’s been backordered for months. Getting frustrated!

Yeah, because soft tops are so difficult to flip back :rolleyes2: And clearly superior? Sounds like our old buddy is back again.

BJS11JKU

Yeah, because soft tops are so difficult to flip back :rolleyes2: And clearly superior? Sounds like our old buddy is back again.

I have a hard top and a soft top. I never said a soft top was difficult to flip back. I don’t have anywhere to store my hard top, so I wanted something a little easier than the freedom tops. Not sure why I’m being attacked for a simple question.

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
I have a hard top and a soft top. I never said a soft top was difficult to flip back. I don’t have anywhere to store my hard top, so I wanted something a little easier than the freedom tops. Not sure why I’m being attacked for a simple question.

I think you'd have been fine if it was a simple question but you did state that something you don't own is clearly superior to a specific brand.

It's hard to not infer "pimpin" with how it reads.

BJS11JKU

I think you'd have been fine if it was a simple question but you did state that something you don't own is clearly superior to a specific brand.

It's hard to not infer "pimpin" with how it reads.

That was not my intent. I just read a 20 page thread and that was my impression. It seems that the Throwback installs and uninstalls quicker and easier than the Sunrider without doing any damage to the factory seals. I have no allegiance to any brand. I live in Philly and just wanted something that would be easy to remove so I could put the freedom tops back on in the winter.

trailraider

I personally do not find it difficult put on and off my Factory Bestop soft top. and i do it as frequently as possible. Any sign of great weather doors and top are off completely.

BJS11JKU

I personally do not find it difficult put on and off my Factory Bestop soft top. and i do it as frequently as possible. Any sign of great weather doors and top are off completely.

Approx how long does it take to install/remove? Have you had any issues with the seals after uninstalling?

trailraider

literally 5 mins if that. flip it back undo the two support screw, lift off the frame. I take my door frames off as well but you can leave on. I have never had a leak with the soft top and the sealing is not a issue. Best top and Jeep work hand in hand for the top . so it work great.

BJS11JKU

literally 5 mins if that. flip it back undo the two support screw, lift off the frame. I take my door frames off as well but you can leave on. I have never had a leak with the soft top and the sealing is not a issue. Best top and Jeep work hand in hand for the top . so it work great.

Thanks for the input. Much appreciated. [emoji1365]

duktrx

Isn't Bestop the OEM manufacturer for the factory soft top?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using WAYALIFE mobile app

BJS11JKU

Obviously the folks a Jeep sourcing the products are idiots..
:crazyeyes:

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

My question was not about the Bestop soft top (as I already have one, but no where to store my hard top). The question was about the Webasto Throwback as opposed to the Sunrider for Hardtop by Bestop. I have no preference whatsoever. From the threads I’ve read, the Throwback seemed to be the better product. However, it seems there are plenty of people here loving their Sunrider which makes me feel better about possibly going in that direction.

jesse3638

Hooked
My question was not about the Bestop soft top (as I already have one, but no where to store my hard top). The question was about the Webasto Throwback as opposed to the Sunrider for Hardtop by Bestop. I have no preference whatsoever. From the threads I’ve read, the Throwback seemed to be the better product. However, it seems there are plenty of people here loving their Sunrider which makes me feel better about possibly going in that direction.

I used heavy duty UV screen found at your local big box store, a grommet kit, and bungee balls to make my own sunshade. I can put my hard top on over it and remove the freedom panels if I'd like. I didn't like having no cover at all. It's lasted me 6 years now and I'm only now thinking about making a new one.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

A.J.

I went to the Trek top and liked so much I sold my hard top. Now I don't have to worry about storing hardtop and I can flip it open anytime I want to enjoy the sun. Problem solved!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom