The Deuce

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
This will be my second jeep and quite a bit of an upgrade for me. I traded in my 2011 sport for this Rubicon shortly after returning from my first rock crawling experience.
Love the name from the previous owner so I'm going to steal it, hope you don't mind Clay.
Lots of additions already installed so I'll be saving up for an upgraded lift so this will be a budget build for a couple years.

Already installed

JW speaker 8700 evolution J headlights
JW speaker 6145 J fog lights
Tuffy under the seat box
Cobra 75 CB
Rockhard oil pan/transmission skid
Evap skid
LOD sliders - welded on
Odyssey 34r-pc1500
Zeon 10s winch
Regeared to 4.88
Dynomax quiet crawler exhaust
Rockhard patriot rear bumper with tire carrier
Dynatrac progrip
Evo mini liners
Tuffy rear cargo security deck
ARB rear differential cover
Sun shade
------------------------------------

Here is the list of modifications going forward:

Phase I - Suspension/steering

3 inch lift

Evo 3 inch plush SPRINGS DONE

Clayton offroad rear trackbar relocation bracket DONE

Synergy front trackbar relocation bracket DONE

Draglink flip with stock draglink and syngery taper. DONE

Syngery brake line relocation brackets DONE

Evo rockstar skids

Rancho 9000xl shocks DONE

Extend rear breather tube

Fox steering stabilizer - DONE

Bumpstops -DONE

Core 4x4 front lower control arms DONE

JE reel 1310 front driveshaft

Phase II - Protection and accessories

Prolink

Weld front lower control arm skids

Weld in C gussets

Trailrocker - DONE

Add fire extinguisher DONE

Spill kit

Trail doors

Trasharoo

Trail gear battery box

Poison Spyder or RH cage

Brake bleeding valve

Phase III - Get ready for 37s

Redneck ram assist

Syngery sector shaft brace

Upgrade to 37s

Replace when it breaks

Dynatrac prosteer ball joints

Revolution 32 spline rear axle SHAFT DONE

Dynatrac PR44

20180525_221536.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Installed my new to me tie rod that I bought from OhNoTheJiggies. Believe it was made by Rpmfab. Seems pretty stout and made out of aircraft aluminum. Also installed my syngery SS relocation bracket and replaced my stock SS with a fox I already had. The mall crawler in me had to paint it red because I just like the color accents. 20180608_215807.jpg 20180609_095644.jpg

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
This will be my second jeep and quite a bit of an upgrade for me. I traded in my 2011 sport for this Rubicon shortly after returning from my first rock crawling experience.
Love the name from the previous owner so I'm going to steal it, hope you don't mind Clay.
Lots of additions already installed so I'll be saving up for an upgraded lift so this will be a budget build for a couple years.

Already installed

JW speaker 8700 evolution J headlights
JW speaker 6145 J fog lights
Tuffy under the seat box
Cobra 75 CB
Rockhard oil pan/transmission skid
Evap skid
LOD sliders - welded on
Odyssey 34r-pc1500
Zeon 10s winch
Regeared to 4.88
Dynomax quiet crawler exhaust
Rockhard patriot rear bumper with tire carrier
Dynatrac rear progrip
Evo mini liners
Tuffy rear cargo security deck
ARB rear differential cover
Sun shade

Here is the list of modifications going forward:

Phase I - Suspension/steering

Evo enforcer 3inch with flip

Extend rear breather tube

Fox steering stabilizer - done

Bumpstops

JE reel 1350 front driveshaft

Phase II - Protection and accessories

Prolink

Add fire extinguisher

Spill kit

Trail doors

Trasharoo

Evo rockstar

Front Lca skid

Rear 44 skid

Trail gear battery box

Poison Spyder or RH cage

Brake bleeding valve

Poison spyder brawler front bumper

Phase III - Get ready for 37s

Evo C Gussett

Redneck ram assist

Syngery sector shaft brace

Upgrade to 37s

Replace when it breaks

Dynatrac prosteer ball joints

Revolution 35spline rear axle shaft

Dynatrac PR44
View attachment 302287

It had Progrips all the way around, not just the rear.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Did a few cheaper mods this week. Found some metal grab bars, they came in red aluminum and I thought they were going to be just painted red but I kinda like it. Did the DIY mesh grill inserts and painted it red. Installed a couple KC windshield lights. Painted the inside trim. Installed my trekarmor seat covers and I think the seats must have changed after 2011 because they didn't fit flush in the front. I may sell and try to get the correct size soon. Had some plastic inner fenders and cut them to fit. Lastly put on my Mopar fuel door and took off the faded stock one. 20180608_144038.jpg 20180609_095538.jpg 20180609_095542.jpg 20180609_095714.jpg 20180606_215413.jpg 20180606_215323.jpg 20180606_215206.jpg

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Attempted to improve the factory sound in the Jeep tonight. Installed the upgraded kickers, Polk tweeters, and added a rockville powered subwoofer. I gotta say it sounds really good to me. I tested the tweeters side by side with the factory and the factory tweeters almost had no sound compared to Polk. In order to wire in the sub I had to use the PAC C2A-CHY23 module which basically made it plug and play. They actually have discontinued this item but got lucky and found one on ebay, thanks to WJCO.

dillard09

Your rig is looking awesome!👍 That red grill looks great! Maybe im just biased. 😁
20171223_062211.jpg
Mine was a birthday gift from m_savage. Came home after my birthday and he had it installed on my jeep for me. Thanks Mike!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Hood lock and winch lock installed. Probably not needed but eh, cheap insurance. Hard enough to actually getting to those bolts for the winch. Also grabbed the leather winch cover. Didn't have quite enough room on one side but hope it holds. 20180616_143438.jpg 20180616_141007.jpg 20180616_144620.jpg

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
So it looks like there is still a small oil leak coming from the front. Took it to the dealership after getting the "we are busy and short on techs, come back in a few days" runaround. Surprising they finished it by the next morning. Turns out it was the front crankshaft seal. So far it's dry all around. Luckily I still have a 3 month bumper to bumper and 3 years on the power train. 20180609_112834.jpg

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
So it looks like there is still a small oil leak coming from the front. Took it to the dealership after getting the "we are busy and short on techs, come back in a few days" runaround. Surprising they finished it by the next morning. Turns out it was the front crankshaft seal. So far it's dry all around. Luckily I still have a 3 month bumper to bumper and 3 years on the power train. View attachment 303791

That’s what it was when I took it in. Took them 3 weeks. In all they had it probably 7 weeks, between that leak, and the leak between the transfer case and transmission. I hoped they fixed it for you. I really liked that Jeep, but I wasn’t chancing it, since I was 2000 miles from being out of warranty.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Hopefully they finally fixed it

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

You and me both.

That’s what it was when I took it in. Took them 3 weeks. In all they had it probably 7 weeks, between that leak, and the leak between the transfer case and transmission. I hoped they fixed it for you. I really liked that Jeep, but I wasn’t chancing it, since I was 2000 miles from being out of warranty.

I thought that's what it was but wasn't sure, curious why it failed again. Lucky it only took them half a day, I was expecting a lot longer due to your experiences. I cleaned everything up really good and will watch it everywhere and oil levels. So far it's clean but if anything happens let's hope it's within the next 3 months haha. I love this jeep!

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Installed the wheel spacers. Went with 1.25 inches because I didn't need that much backspace so that puts me at 3.5 now. No rubbing on the rim, plenty of room for the tie rod now. While I was at it I looked at the toe in and it was off by 3/8 inch so got that fixed. Also installed bumpstops in the front and rear, puck style. 20180618_215943.jpg 20180618_224130.jpg 20180618_224124.jpg

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Installed the wheel spacers. Went with 1.25 inches because I didn't need that much backspace so that puts me at 3.5 now. No rubbing on the rim, plenty of room for the tie rod now. While I was at it I looked at the toe in and it was off by 3/8 inch so got that fixed. Also installed bumpstops in the front and rear, puck style. View attachment 303984 View attachment 303985 View attachment 303986

Big visual difference for a small investment. Factory wheels are too far in for my tastes. I like the way it looks , much better now.

Top Bottom