Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Off road lights in California

Quote Originally Posted by RockinAZJK View Post
    . A lot of cops seem to let you off if you play stupid and say ďIím from AZ, I didnít know and everything I have is legal at home where the Jeep is registered.Ē

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Thatís worked for me in any number of places. Especially useful in Utah. It usually comes out more like ďIím from Arizona, I donít know anythingĒ. For some reason no one ever argues.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Iím skeptical that California is the only state requiring auxiliary lights to be covered when on road. Maybe it is, but Iíve seen no evidence to accept that assertion blindly.

Anyway, it seems to be an infraction that can be enforced at the discretion of individual LEOs. Like not having a front license plate (also an infraction in California). Some LEOs canít be bothered with such things and wonít pull you over for it, but may ďnoticeĒ it when they legitimately pull you over for speeding or running a red light.

To the OP, I think the risk of getting busted for uncovered lights is low but not zero. If you get stopped, be polite and play the innocent out-of-stater card. More than likely, youíll get a warning and a ďhave a nice day.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaWheelin' View Post
    I deleted my last comment because I didnít want to start a big argument about this, but I just want to bring up one point. There might be a reason why that cop sits in that same spot every day... maybe that one spot is a huge problem with speeders. There is a lot that happens when youíre asleep at night. Maybe that cop responded to the worst traffic accident that heíd ever seen at that spot that you always see him in. The officers and deputies that give you tickets get ZERO financial incentive by giving you that ticket. If you werenít worried about getting a ticket, do you honestly think you would ever think twice about driving way too fast? Your comment about protecting schools is just crazy. MOST cops would run into a school without thinking twice about the danger. Even that cop that you spoke of. Just food for thought.

Calm down. I donít drive around blaring NWA and telling cops to go fuck themselves. You might be right, but then again I might be right. Either way if I think a cops an asshole itís my right to call him that.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus Jeeps View Post
    Calm down. I donít drive around blaring NWA and telling cops to go fuck themselves. You might be right, but then again I might be right. Either way if I think a cops an asshole itís my right to call him that.

no argument there. Iím not all worked up or anything, promise. Just wanted to say my piece, and you said yours. We both like Jeeps, so we cool

Knows a Thing or Two RockinAZJK's Avatar

Off road lights in California

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Williams View Post
    Thatís worked for me in any number of places. Especially useful in Utah. It usually comes out more like ďIím from Arizona, I donít know anythingĒ. For some reason no one ever argues.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I find more times than not when a cop pulls an out of state jeep over in Utah itís either cause they like the rig lol or suspected of drinking or because many offroaders generally drive like jackwagons on the street.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234