Crank But No start

Rubi_the_jeep

Hey guys i have run into a problem with my 2000 4.0L TJ. I was off roading with my buddies and the jeep was working perfectly fine. We even stopped at a spot I turn the Jeep off, and went to start it back up and it started fine. Then we got to our campsite. And I turned it off and played music from the jeep while in accessory. But then about 30 minutes later I went back to start the jeep and it just kept cranking. Not starting. I had plenty of volts from the battery, and I did not seem like it was not getting fuel. I happen to have a fuel pressure gauge and I checked the pressure and I was not getting any fuel pressure when trying to start. So we towed it back home and put a new fuel pump on it. And it still cranks but does not start. Replaced the spark plugs, and that did nothing. It’s not the ECU because I had another one lying around that still worked I put that on the jeep and it still does not start. Any help is appreciated thank you very much!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Make sure pump is getting power and ground. You will only have power there for about 3 seconds. Once the system pressurizes, power signal goes away. Swapping the relay is a quick check too.

Rubi_the_jeep

Make sure pump is getting power and ground. You will only have power there for about 3 seconds. Once the system pressurizes, power signal goes away. Swapping the relay is a quick check too.

Yeah i hear the pump coming on when i first turn the key to accessory. I’ll try switching the relay

PT1400

You said you had plenty of volts but what were the volts while cranking? The PCM shuts down below 9.6 volts.

Top Bottom