Do ALL the gears selected via the transfer case appear in the instrument cluster?

Joe98

I am writing from Sydney Australia . The Wrangler JL is not expected till December to I can’t ask dealers any questions.

See page 292 of the manual for the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JK. Using the transfer case the possible Four Wheel Drive gear selections are:

2H
4H
N
4L

See page 312 of the manual for the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL. This mentions a Four Position Transfer Case and the positions are:

2H
4H
N
4L

See page 315 of the manual for the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL. This mentions a Five Position Transfer Case and the positions are:

2H
4H
4H (Part Time)
N
4L

1. Which models have the 5 position transfer case?

2. On those models, can all 5 positions been seen on the instrument cluster? (Every review with a photo shows the 4 positions in the photo).

Joe98

I downloaded a recent brochure from Jeep USA and I can confirm that the extra gear is optional in the Sahara model.

ScoobyCarolanNC

I am writing from Sydney Australia . The Wrangler JL is not expected till December to I can’t ask dealers any questions.

See page 292 of the manual for the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JK. Using the transfer case the possible Four Wheel Drive gear selections are:

2H
4H
N
4L

See page 312 of the manual for the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL. This mentions a Four Position Transfer Case and the positions are:

2H
4H
N
4L

See page 315 of the manual for the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL. This mentions a Five Position Transfer Case and the positions are:

2H
4H
4H (Part Time)
N
4L

1. Which models have the 5 position transfer case?

2. On those models, can all 5 positions been seen on the instrument cluster? (Every review with a photo shows the 4 positions in the photo).

Hey there. SelecTrac is an optional transfer case that lets you keep 4wh activated in non-off-road conditions. From the site.
The new Selec-Trac® Full-Time Four-Wheel-Drive System includes a 2.72:1 low range. This two-speed, active full-time system includes a 4H AUTO mode that requires no driver input for any driving conditions. In 4H AUTO, 4WD is automatically engaged and disengaged as needed to maintain traction.

RMC2

Caught the Bug
The display area that shows transfer case gear selection is high definition digital, so I’m sure it will display the Sahara full time option.

In fact it displays 1941 at start up and then changes to the transfer case gear selection. A easter egg I bet most don’t even notice.

Top Bottom