Black Grill... Was that a factory option?

sm31

I'm in the process of working out a remote purchase on a used JK, so I can't visit in-person to verify...

The JK in question has a black grill but the lack of any other modifications, etc. indicate that it may not have been painted black for aesthetic purposes. Is it possible that it was available new with the black grill, or is that an indicator that it might have been replaced at some point? The Carfax is clean but that doesn't always mean much...

Thank you!!

fiend

Caught the Bug
Maybe the seller got it off CL to replace some gawdawful “angry” grill a prior owner had?

sm31

It may have been part of a trim package, but for sure it's available from MOPAR. Get the VIN and pull the build sheet online and it should tell you if the Jeep came with it from the factory.

Great idea!! I'll give that a try as well.

>>>Maybe the seller got it off CL to replace some gawdawful “angry” grill a prior owner had?<<<

That's also a distinct possibility. If so, hats off to the seller. :cool:

zimm

Caught the Bug
As mentioned, a glossy black grill is from the Willy's. Matte black is a Mopar part (I have one). Also it may have been painted, plastidipped, or bed linered. It's a common modification, so I don't think it means the jeep was wrecked just based off of that.

sm31

Thanks everyone! I finally figured out it was a factory thing (Willys ?)

And I just pulled the trigger... Glad to finally join the JKUR club after all these years!!! :beer:

Top Bottom