Can we use the reversing camera whilst driving forward?

Joe98

I am writing from Sydney Australia and the JL Wrangler has not arrived yet so I cannot ask dealers questions.

There have been a few reviews stating that a driver can use the reversing camera whilst driving forward. I haven’t actually confirmed this.

Depending upon which model Wrangler you choose, you have a choice of 3 x entertainment systems:

Uconnect 3 with 5.0 inch touchscreen
Uconnect 4 with 7.0 inch touchscreen
Uconnect 4C with 8.4 inch touchscreen

Can we use the reversing camera, when driving forward, with any or all of these systems?

Last edited:

Allenn

I have the jL rubicon and if you turn the camera on while driving forward it only stays on a few seconds while driving down the road. A lot more knowledgeable people on here about jeeps than me so I’m sure you’ll get the answer your looking for, but from the factory Settings mine will only stay on a few seconds.

RMC2

Caught the Bug
I think it will stay on for about 25 seconds when you manually turn it on. Probably to save the camera from overheating........or a safety feature to keep you from watching it. IDK.

The Tazer JL programmer, I believe, let’s you turn it on for as long as you want.

Gbint

I wire up backup cameras to run full time. I add to front and side on some of our vehicles as some of my clients have limited head movement due to their paralysis or mobility issues.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom