Any Jeep meet up in Houston area kids friendly!!

gauchohouston

We used have them now everything is about drinking and parting not family anymore. I want to show my daughter that jeeping is a life style not a trend. Let me know. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Allenn

I still like boobs and butts lol, but on a serious not I’ll be following this thread I’d like to take my kids. I’m around Shreveport La so not to far of a drive.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
sounds like you guys need to spend more time on the trail runs, rather than the local facebook parking lot crawler meet-ups. less bullshit on the trail runs for sure! :thumb:

everyone from Texas/Houston I have met ON THE TRAILS over the years have been amazing people. We still wheel together as often as time permits. Watch the Houston area threads here and look for trail runs if you wanna meet some great Jeepers from Wayalife.

Hiddenfalls/barnwellOHV are good ones to start with if you are new to offroading in general. There are usually 2-3 Texas newbie runs a year on this forum alone... But its off season right now. Wheeling season in Texas usually take place between October - May, when the weather is more bearable

The Texas Exodus is coming up in August (San Juan Mountains & Moab) but this isn't a beginner trip however will be VERY family friendly, and majority of the active Wayalife members around Texas will be there, as well as a few others... so you could potentially meet the active majority from the forum in 1 trip.

Moral of the story, where ever you are hearing about "boobs and butt meets", try to hear about the Offroad trips instead. REAL jeepers are still out there, but MANY of us have no interest in stacked brotots, spilled beer, or taking photos of scantly clad waitresses "trying to pay for nursing school" scattered all over our jeeps...:twocents:

Last edited:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
sounds like you guys need to spend more time on the trail runs, rather than the local facebook parking lot crawler meet-ups. less bullshit on the trail runs for sure! :thumb:

everyone from Texas/Houston I have met ON THE TRAILS over the years have been amazing people. We still wheel together as often as time permits. Watch the Houston area threads here and look for trail runs if you wanna meet some great Jeepers from Wayalife.

Hiddenfalls/barnwellOHV are good ones to start with if you are new to offroading in general. There are usually 2-3 Texas newbie runs a year on this forum alone... But its off season right now. Wheeling season in Texas usually take place between October - May, when the weather is more bearable

The Texas Exodus is coming up in August (San Juan Mountains & Moab) but this isn't a beginner trip however will be VERY family friendly, and majority of the active Wayalife members around Texas will be there, as well as a few others... so you could potentially meet the active majority from the forum in 1 trip.

Moral of the story, where ever you are hearing about "boobs and butt meets", try to hear about the Offroad trips instead. REAL jeepers are still out there, but MANY of us have no interest in stacked brotots, spilled beer, or taking photos of scantly clad waitresses "trying to pay for nursing school" scattered all over our jeeps...:twocents:

I agree with this. I met these guys for a run, and I wouldn’t consider the run, or the night before exactly kid unfriendly.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Does somebody have a link for the other thread? The boobs and butts meetup?

ANY/EVERY "jeep meet" in Houston; check facebook :crazyeyes:

Usually in the parking lot at Twin Peeks, Hooters, etc. :yawn37:

Stolen: *I do not know anyone in these pics, I stole these from the random popular Facebook groups around the area

11755159_10203080965945342_8204322021738396617_n.jpg

13406910_1070119069708560_4128542035042873877_n.jpg

28467635_1805858152799726_2066758966374836983_n.jpg

13323682_1067964696590664_5000435102416788931_o.jpg

Last edited:

dytrdr5

I live in Houston and belong to zero Jeep clubs here, most of them just want to hangout and talk about how awesome their Jeeps are, I’ll be at Barnwell this Saturday if any of you want to join, family friendly trail ride hitting trail levels up to 3

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I live in Houston and belong to zero Jeep clubs here, most of them just want to hangout and talk about how awesome their Jeeps are, I’ll be at Barnwell this Saturday if any of you want to join, family friendly trail ride hitting trail levels up to 3

Well, you can be a part of THIS jeep club... ha! sounds like you will fit in nicely. :rock:

I'ed be down to join, if it wasn't going to be 100° :sFun_hot:

Shake, Rattle, & Roll, Dewoody, and Twister are calling my name though...

Edit: Welcome to WAL, BTW :standing wave:

Last edited:

dytrdr5

Well, you can be a part of THIS jeep club... ha! sounds like you will fit in nicely. :rock:

I'ed be down to join, if it wasn't going to be 100° :sFun_hot:

Shake, Rattle, & Roll, Dewoody, and Twister are calling my name though...

Edit: Welcome to WAL, BTW :standing wave:

Thanks man, I’ve been looking for other people to go on trail rides with.

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Thanks man, I’ve been looking for other people to go on trail rides with.

Dunno what kinna hours ya work an your days off are like but I myself am always doing something when mine come around .. be it a trip up camping an canoeing in beavers bend area or running off to a trail in a N.F. to camp an enjoy being out ... most often roll solo due to the way my off days rotate around ..

Sent from my SM-G892A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Tixslam

Well I'm another older guy who would rather ride around in the woods than a parking lot. Not in any clubs, not looking for any really. I live an hour or so south of you in Brazoria with a little free time and an understanding wife:):). We usually go alone on NF roads but you can always give me a holler.

gauchohouston

I don’t need to hang around a parking lot with my rigs... just get the family together and have some fun jeeping. Let’s not loose out culture not looking for a Jeep club but anyone want to grab dinner with family and plan a trip I’m down for it. I want to teach my daughters that keep are a family not a trend.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I don’t need to hang around a parking lot with my rigs... just get the family together and have some fun jeeping. Let’s not loose out culture not looking for a Jeep club but anyone want to grab dinner with family and plan a trip I’m down for it. I want to teach my daughters that keep are a family not a trend.

I think there have been 2 dinner/ SNG with the actual wheeling groups around Houston in the last 4 years or so... or at least any group that I have wheeled with and the dinner/meetup isn't in Beaumont or something. Not saying they CAN'T happen.

How old are your daughters? Old enough to enjoy a trail run and camping?
if so:
Better luck would be to join in on a local group run, wheel the trails, meet the people, then if you like them, invite them and their families out to a dinner to discuss the next or whatever.

If not:
Keep a closer eye on the forum, we are about due for another SNG here soon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom