Wheel recommendations

jglover716

I’m new to the Jeep life I have a 2011 Wrangler Sport Unlimited and am looking for some recommendations on rims to accommodate my 35” tires they are on my stock 17” rims and are really close to rubbing I have a 4” rough country lift with 35” dick cepek fun country tires just need to upgrade the rims

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

DogHouse

A cheap alternative would be to run a quality set of wheel spacers with a thickness of at least 1.5 inches. Other than that if you’re looking at rims get some with 4.5 inches of backspacing or less and you should be fine.

Coop

Caught the Bug
A cheap alternative would be to run a quality set of wheel spacers with a thickness of at least 1.5 inches. Other than that if you’re looking at rims get some with 4.5 inches of backspacing or less and you should be fine.

The quality spacers are Spidertrax. These are the only ones you can trust. 5x5. These will degrade your bearings faster due the increased stresses with the back spacing, just something to know. But it is a good suggestion if you are not ready for wheels. About $200 for a set of 4.

MKBCE

If you use wheel spacers to get the back spacing needed how will that degrade your wheel bearings faster than wheels with the same back spacing ???

sipafz

Caught the Bug
If you use wheel spacers to get the back spacing needed how will that degrade your wheel bearings faster than wheels with the same back spacing ???

Both spacers or wheels with less back spacing could potentially shorten the life of the bearings. Moving the wheel further out from the bearing increases the force exponentially.

The OP might want to consider trimming.

MKBCE

Both spacers or wheels with less back spacing could potentially shorten the life of the bearings. Moving the wheel further out from the bearing increases the force exponentially.

The OP might want to consider trimming.

Agreed [emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]

Top Bottom