Speedometer issue

Kaylasiemon

Recently got a JK 2011 Sahara Unlimited. Since the day I got it, I noticed that it was 10 miles off (at least according to my nav). I purchased a FlashCal when upgrading my LEDs & attempted changing the tire size to fix the issue because I had just added 32” but it is still 10 off. I don’t want to mess with the tire sizes too much because I don’t know the affects that could have. Any advice?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Make sure you are using the correct tire size. You have to measure it, a 32 won't be an exact 32 inches.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

jeeeep

Hooked
to get an accurate tire size, measure from the ground up to the center of the wheel bore then double it.

Also make sure the gear ratio settings are correct in the Flash Cal

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Recently got a JK 2011 Sahara Unlimited. Since the day I got it, I noticed that it was 10 miles off (at least according to my nav). I purchased a FlashCal when upgrading my LEDs & attempted changing the tire size to fix the issue because I had just added 32” but it is still 10 off. I don’t want to mess with the tire sizes too much because I don’t know the affects that could have. Any advice?

Thanks!

Measure your tires like mentioned, but realize that being off an inch or so won’t change the speedo by 10. Something else might be the issue. Since you bought it used, do you know any of the history? Maybe someone had larger tires and reprogram? Your new calibrator might not work if the ECU already has another program from different programmer in it? I’d contact the seller and start asking questions.

Welcome to Wayalife.

Zstairlessone

10 mph at what speed? If your tire size is off it will be a percentage of actual speed not a straight number. If it’s off by 10 mph all the time there is another problem.

Top Bottom