Soft top?

double_tapp31

I currently have a hard top and I am thinking of purchasing a soft top for summers because I live in Colorado. Problem is, from what I’ve seen, once you go to a soft top that’s almost it. The hardware doesn’t look like it’s meant to be taken off and put back on with those stick on foam pieces and whatnot. Is there anyone who lives in a colder climate who switched from a hard top to soft top permanently? Do you regret it at all in the winter? Any other input is welcome. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I currently have a hard top and I am thinking of purchasing a soft top for summers because I live in Colorado. Problem is, from what I’ve seen, once you go to a soft top that’s almost it. The hardware doesn’t look like it’s meant to be taken off and put back on with those stick on foam pieces and whatnot. Is there anyone who lives in a colder climate who switched from a hard top to soft top permanently? Do you regret it at all in the winter? Any other input is welcome. Thanks.

Do more research! I change my top multiple times a year. I have my Mopar premium soft top on for the summer months and hard top for the winter. When I camp during the summer I switch back to the hard top. The soft top has its own door surrounds and the “stick on foam pieces” attach to the removable surrounds. The biggest problem people usually have is storing the hard top when not in use.

Welcome to Wayalife.

double_tapp31

Do more research! I change my top multiple times a year. I have my Mopar premium soft top on for the summer months and hard top for the winter. When I camp during the summer I switch back to the hard top. The soft top has its own door surrounds and the “stick on foam pieces” attach to the removable surrounds. The biggest problem people usually have is storing the hard top when not in use.

Welcome to Wayalife.

Perfect. Thanks! The last soft top I dealt with was my buddy’s ‘01 TJ back in ‘03. Everyone else I know has a hard top and this is the first Jeep that I have personally owned

saltandlight

I got a new Bestop Trektop NX recently for about $550. Came with door surrounds, good windshield header bar, and tailgate bar. LOVE IT!!!!
Take off windows for Sunrider/bikini top. Very flexible for multiple uses. Could actually use all year if you want but I will likely put hard top back on for serious consistent winter weather.

TrailHunter

Hooked
If I could throw a observation/question in here..... It seems the Original Trektop NX windows can be rolled up... but the NX Plus windows have to lay flat... I would think being able to roll up the windows would make for easier storage on the trail when your loaded up with gear.... Anyone finding this to be the case?

Benito

Caught the Bug
If I could throw a observation/question in here..... It seems the Original Trektop NX windows can be rolled up... but the NX Plus windows have to lay flat... I would think being able to roll up the windows would make for easier storage on the trail when your loaded up with gear.... Anyone finding this to be the case?

You really can’t roll either of them up because f the plastic insert that goes in the door surround and the plastic insert that goes into the tub of the Jeep, on my Old trektop NX you could take out the plastic corner forms, on my new twill NX plus it has the plastic forms but I haven’t tried to take them out yet.

duktrx

I Keep two towels in the jeep, lay the windows flat, between the towels so the bottom edge of the windows are on the long edge of the towel. And roll with no issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mcollins443

I run the factory soft top all year round on mine and it’s been fine. The heater works great so it stays warm in the winter. I have more problems on really hot days in the summer the a/c doesn’t keep up because the top radiates so much heat.

Top Bottom