3.8l Spark Plug Replacement

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Ok, so I’m sure this has been answered before but I couldn’t find it in a search, so feel free to direct me to another post.

Going to change my spark plugs this coming weekend. Does anyone have a specific brand or line of plugs they liked for the 3.8 or any to avoid?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
I went with OEM and worked fine. Champion RE14PLP5 (7440) Double Platinum Spark Plug

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Slimebones

Yes, as stated above, go with OEM. Avoid aftermarket (and more expensive) plugs that promise MORE performance. Waste of money.

BobNH

Crap. Somewhere, I posted a pic and Matco part number for a spark plug socket on a swivel that is supposed to work pretty slick for removing the plugs, the ones by the firewall in particular.
Found the post, here is the pn
Matco 3/8" Drive BDUUP206PA Double Wobble 5/8" Impact Spark Plug Socket
Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
Yeah as stated above, oem plugs and wires. If you replace the plug wires buy the plastic tray on the passenger side. And route the wires behind by using string tied to them. Theres a good write up on here somewhere.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Another vote for OEM Champions and I got a u-joint style spark plug socket that made things much easier.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Stock plugs are double platinum champions. I would just grab them from your local auto parts store.

Top Bottom