Radio turned on by itself somehow

jagerhelix

We had a hail storm and a good amount of rain last night, I walked out to the jeep to do a damage assessment this morning only to hear the radio blaring from it. I had no doors on and a safari top so the seats and floor had a typical amount of moisture, but the dash area was completely dry as evident by all the dust still on it from the trail yesterday. Needless to say I am stumped. The only other variable is I have a waterproof fuse block wired through a switch to run my ARB fridge, battery monitor, and other accessories in the rear, but it was switched off last night. The head unit is an aftermarket pioneer that I have had installed for about 3 months now with no issues. Has anyone had this happen before? Or any guesses as to what could have caused this?

jagerhelix

Still appears to be doing it, it's similar to when you take the key out with the doors off and the radio stays on only it doesn't shut off.

Sent from my E6820TM using Tapatalk

jagerhelix

Found the likely culprit. Seems my top got split and dripped water into the cubby. Since I installed an aftermarket single din head unit the stock radio bracket came out so there is no longer a screw under the rubber insert so water must have found it's way through there and on top of the radio. I turned the heater on and closed the vents to dry everything inside of there out and it appears the problem is gone. I'll have to seal that hole and patch my top. KIMG0291.jpg KIMG0292.jpg

Sent from my E6820TM using Tapatalk

Top Bottom