I need new headlights

Uncle_erniee

Hey y’all so I was cruising down the street the other day and a logging truck kicked up a rock and cracked my headlight [emoji30][emoji30], so i need some new ones. I was thinking LED but I’m not sure the brand and style to go for. any recommendations?

Sent from outer space send help My jeep is stuck on mars

BobNH

Hey y’all so I was cruising down the street the other day and a logging truck kicked up a rock and cracked my headlight [emoji30][emoji30], so i need some new ones. I was thinking LED but I’m not sure the brand and style to go for. any recommendations?

Sent from outer space send help My jeep is stuck on mars

Highly recommend the Hella H4 upgrades. Super simple to install, far better light output, and glass lens like OE.
Be careful though, as I bought mine from Amazon with no issues except a missing gasket they sent over, but a friend, and a lot of complaints, noted they got poor quality from Amazon, and in my friend's case, he got right hand drive versions, meaning the light was designed to be used where traffic drives on other side of the road from the US. This TOTALLY screws up the light pattern, and you will hate them, as will EVERY approaching vehicle.
If the say India-send them back. And good luck. But, if they say Germany, good to go, in theory at least.

DogHouse

J.W. Speaker Evolution J2 are awesome. I’ve been running them for about 8-9 months and love them. Another good option is the KC Highlights Gravity Pros and a lot of folks here run the TruckLites.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BobNH

Now if only the OP would pop back in lol. Since this is tj/yj forum, i am not sure if he is looking for 7" round or the yj rectangle.
Do the notches for the jk lights line up with the tj notches? All the jw and trucklites I see list 07 and up, so I wasn't sure. Plus they would need adapters for the tj harness, at least the jw's would. The Hella's aren't led, but they are a great upgrade for the tj for less than $100. And to the oo, no matter what, make sure you properly alighn them. Super easy to do with tj, and makes a world of difference. And clean the contacts in the connectors.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Now if only the OP would pop back in lol. Since this is tj/yj forum, i am not sure if he is looking for 7" round or the yj rectangle.
Do the notches for the jk lights line up with the tj notches? All the jw and trucklites I see list 07 and up, so I wasn't sure. Plus they would need adapters for the tj harness, at least the jw's would. The Hella's aren't led, but they are a great upgrade for the tj for less than $100. And to the oo, no matter what, make sure you properly alighn them. Super easy to do with tj, and makes a world of difference. And clean the contacts in the connectors.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Ah, got you. Missed the TJ/YJ part this time. I have run Hella lights on a JK, and they aren’t bad, for the money.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

sm31

Highly recommend the Hella H4 upgrades. Super simple to install, far better light output, and glass lens like OE.
Be careful though, as I bought mine from Amazon with no issues except a missing gasket they sent over, but a friend, and a lot of complaints, noted they got poor quality from Amazon, and in my friend's case, he got right hand drive versions, meaning the light was designed to be used where traffic drives on other side of the road from the US. This TOTALLY screws up the light pattern, and you will hate them, as will EVERY approaching vehicle.
If the say India-send them back. And good luck. But, if they say Germany, good to go, in theory at least.

Another vote for the Hella H4. I'm very satisfied with their performance right out of the box. And for a $30 harness upgrade I can put in some seriously bright (illegal) bulbs if I feel the need for more light.

Then I took the money I saved over Truklites and bought an X-box. :cheesy:

Top Bottom