Thread: XD60 steering stop washers

XD60 steering stop washers

Curious about the eight washers that are installed on all XD60s to limit steering. Will the 1550 joint handle additional steer angle and the washers are just to be conservative?IMG_5242.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by PATRIOTKJM View Post
    Curious about the eight washers that are installed on all XD60s to limit steering. Will the 1550 joint handle additional steer angle and the washers are just to be conservative?IMG_5242.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    That is a good question. The 1550 wheel end can in fact handle additional steering angle. The washers are put in place to control the steering angle and protect the steering linkages on any hard hits during full steer. The steering stops are optimized for JK steering box travel. In other words if we didn’t put those in, the Jeep likely could not turn further because of the steering box travel, but if you hit a rock while turning it could push the knuckle further and damage steering components.

www.dynatrac.com
    Customer Support Phone: 714-596-4461
    Customer Support email: expeditor@dynatrac.com