Gas filler puke

PATRIOTKJM

I spent a decent amount of time looking for reasons I couldn’t fill up without the filler spitting fuel out every 3 seconds. And no this has nothing to do with the recall for a check valve. Changed the ESIM, changed charcoal canister, changed the purge valve, changed the filler line, and then went as far to swap the tank. Problem remained so I went through and individually disconnected every line in the entire evap system while trying to pump gas at each interval. Finally when I got to the second section of the small vent line that runs from the tank to the fill tube I made some progress. So I pulled the line out and blew air thru it and out the other end came a chunk of spider web. Problem solved... if anyone needs a tank or evap parts let me know cause I now have a spare everything [emoji36]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Sucks that you had to go through all that, but I believe it. When I worked for Ford, there was a TSB introduced for that symptom and it included installing a "spider screen" to prevent them from getting into the EVAP system.

nbunga

Caught the Bug
That's good to know. I'll have to look into this. I have to pump on the slowest setting or it keeps shutting off and pukes fuel out when it gets full. Thanks for the info!

PATRIOTKJM

That's good to know. I'll have to look into this. I have to pump on the slowest setting or it keeps shutting off and pukes fuel out when it gets full. Thanks for the info!

That’s from the fill tube check valve TSB. Mine would puke fuel out on an empty tank the second I started pumping. If yours only does it when full that’s because of the recall and they will change your fill tube for one that has a plastic check valve in it.

nbunga

Caught the Bug
That’s from the fill tube check valve TSB. Mine would puke fuel out on an empty tank the second I started pumping. If yours only does it when full that’s because of the recall and they will change your fill tube for one that has a plastic check valve in it.

Awesome thanks. I'll check that out

DogHouse

Unless your 2007 JKU came from Canada. If that’s the case they’ll give ya the [emoji867]. Ask me how I know.

TRLJNKY

Took mine in when I did the airbag recall. There is a tsb that covers 07. Got mine done and have zero issues since. Damn that was embarrasing when it would do that. GL

DogHouse

Yeah FCA doesn’t give a shit about your JK if it was built in the same factory as all other JK’s but then shipped to Canada. Luckily I found out there was a cheaper fix than replacing the entire fuel tank. Cost me $56 and took about 30 minutes to install.

DogHouse

Here’s the replacement check valve.
Image1529288153.994212.jpg
And the part number is CNNNX321AC. Took me about 20-30 minutes to replace it and it works like a dream. I’ve fueled up well over 15 times (at different stations and pumps) since I replaced it and hasn’t puked up at all.

Last edited:

RocknJK

I’ve been having the same issues for years! This is great information. I’m going to try the dealer first but if they won’t do it I’ll just do it myself.

enfielded0405

Here’s the replacement check valve.
View attachment 303884
And the part number is CNNNX321AC. Took me about 20-30 minutes to replace it and it works like a dream. I’ve fueled up well over 15 times (at different stations and pumps) since I replaced it and hasn’t puked up at all.

Awesome thanks. I get away with just filling slow now. But may be swapping to this to just be able to fill as normal.

Top Bottom