White Smoke When going up incline

Jmo

Need help.. 2016 JKU has a lot of white smoke coming out of exhaust when going up incline.

Dealer said it’s normal when under stress..

There were 4 other jeeps with my same engine and setup that when up the same inclines that did not smoke.

I know what the possibilities are but please comment if you ran across this issue before.

IMG_2562.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

sipafz

Caught the Bug
That is not normal! A hairline fracture might only be an issue under load, at the beginning. Unfortunately it will get worse.

Jmo

How long were you at an extreme angle? The JK motors have a tendency to bleed oil into the combustion chambers if at a major angle for too long. That being said, the photo you posted doesn't lend to that possibility.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

I was in moab stuck on escalator foot a few minutes at a good angle and it started smoking. Smoke went away in about 30 minutes. For the rest of the week it would smoke like the pic on medium grade inclines.

Jmo

Update.. just got it back from dealer and of course they did nothing.

Dealer did a leak down test and it was in spec.

Dealer said oil is going to back of oil pan and the last 2 cylinders are picking up oil causing smoke.

Dealer said I need an aftermarket oil pan or a dry sump..

This is BS... something is wrong

Jeep only has 35k and still under warranty.

BaddestCross

Dealer said oil is going to back of oil pan and the last 2 cylinders are picking up oil causing smoke.

So if it's still under warranty, tell them to make it right. If they think it needs aftermarket parts, let them install it so it's documented.

Personally, I call bullshit on them and would take it to another dealer.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

fiend

Caught the Bug

Is it smoke or is it steam? White usually is steam, ie vaporized water. Combusted or partially combusted oil would be blue, not white. Your dealership is ignorant or jerking you around.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Is it smoke or is it steam? White usually is steam, ie vaporized water. Combusted or partially combusted oil would be blue, not white. Your dealership is ignorant or jerking you around.

FACT!

something is up. :flag_bs: That "smoke" is 100% NOT from motor oil.

Top Bottom