Evo Drag-link flip question

Dune Crawler

I’ve unbolted the draglink/steering knuckle bolts and the passenger draglink bolt, but it won’t come out.

Do I keep hammering it and spraying 4d on it or should I unbolt the driver side bolt also and see if that helps

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Just tried the pickle fork- still nothing

Gonna return it and rent a tie rod end puller now and see if that gets it out

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

With the pickle fork you just whack it, don’t use it as pry bar, it might mess up the rubber boot on the tie rod end though.

If you use tie rod end puller, I would get some pressure on it. Then try whacking the knuckle from the side where tie rod end eyelet is. it should pop. If not maybe get some more pressure on the puller and whack it again. Spray some PB blaster on there too.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
You can also thread the nut back on there until you have few threads in and try to tap it straight out. I wouldn’t recommend hitting it too hard though like that though.

WJCO

Meme King
Loosen the nut but don't remove it. Hit the side of the draglink and knuckle hard. It should pop. If it doesn't, hit the draglink bar up or down depending on which way it needs to go for removal. You will definitely need to put your purse down during this process.

jdofmemi

.........You will definitely need to put your purse down during this process.

Quote of the day. 🤣

I needed a good laugh.

Really though, you have to hit it like it's something that you hate.

One more thing, if it has a castle nut, don't use it to protect the threads if you decide to hit the bolt. It will ruin the nut and the threads.

jesse3638

Hooked
Loosen the nut but don't remove it. Hit the side of the draglink and knuckle hard. It should pop. If it doesn't, hit the draglink bar up or down depending on which way it needs to go for removal. You will definitely need to put your purse down during this process.

That's why I wear a fanny pack. I can spin it around behind me so its out of the way. Plus I can place my tools in it so I'm not scouring the garage looking for them during a project...:thumb:

Owen19

As everybody else said, drop your purse first, get the nut flush with the threaded part. Give it a couple of hard hits on both sides of the drag link eye with atleast a 3 lbs hammer (don't be afraid to hit it, you won't break it).

Put your purse back on and then proceed with the rest of the install.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
Again. Just spin it around behind you and it's out of the way. Doesnt even have to be removed to get the pants off..haha.

Edit: If it's full of change its going to make it sound like you hit the jackpot on a slot machine. Well back when they actually dispensed coins.

Thanks for the visual... Lol [emoji23]

Top Bottom