King 2.5 without the adjustment knob

SilverBack775

Ok. So I’ve had my king 2.5’s on my jk for a few months now. With Evo 3 plush ride lift. I didn’t get the adjustment Kings cause I just couldn’t afford that much more. Budget! Anyway. They seem stiff to me. At the same time I love them. Is there any adjustment I can do or check the valving on them? I don’t know much at all on these shocks. So any help would be appreciated

Robertcrav

They can be revalved also small adjustments in nitrogen pressure can possibly make a difference

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ddays

Hooked
Did you get off the shelf shocks or EVO/ORE spec'd ones? There is a difference. I also got them less the adjusters based on a conversation with Drew out at ORE and I'm really happy with the ride. Honestly I had Fox reservoirs with the adjusters previous to these and I really didn't use them. I could be wrong but I think the adjusters are available as a kit but don't know that I'd spend the money on them. What kind of pressure are you running in your tires? That will affect ride some as well.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I do adjust mine quite a bit and love the flexibility based off terrain and how much shit I cram into the back. If they make a kit to upgrade yours, that would be a great addition

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Coop

Caught the Bug
If you decide to have them adjusted, King will do this for free one time, you pay the shipping. You need to discuss with King by phone and fill out a work order and stats on your Jeep before you return the shocks. They do not recommend messing with the pressure.

SilverBack775

Did you get off the shelf shocks or EVO/ORE spec'd ones? There is a difference. I also got them less the adjusters based on a conversation with Drew out at ORE and I'm really happy with the ride. Honestly I had Fox reservoirs with the adjusters previous to these and I really didn't use them. I could be wrong but I think the adjusters are available as a kit but don't know that I'd spend the money on them. What kind of pressure are you running in your tires? That will affect ride some as well.

I got them through Quadratec and they got them through Evo. So I’m assuming they gotta be specs. I love them a 100%. Just looking for info on them. I usually run 28-30 here in Nevada.

SilverBack775

I do adjust mine quite a bit and love the flexibility based off terrain and how much shit I cram into the back. If they make a kit to upgrade yours, that would be a great addition

Yeah I know man, I would love to have the adjustability for sure. Money money money! Just got my gears done and bumpers. So it’ll be awile before that

SilverBack775

If you decide to have them adjusted, King will do this for free one time, you pay the shipping. You need to discuss with King by phone and fill out a work order and stats on your Jeep before you return the shocks. They do not recommend messing with the pressure.

Awesome news! Thanks a lot! I havnt messed with them at all.

Top Bottom