installed a lift and i have a lot of questions.

KeroJK

I had 2 days off work and i decided to tackle my lift install. I have an 07 JK and i got my lift from 10a JKURsprings. 06 Front/61 back in case you were wondering. while at it i installed new rear sway bar links and new bilstein 5160 shocks. i have some questions because i have never done anything like this before. its good to know that i have been driving it for 3 days with no issues.

1. I did not torque my upper sway bar link bolts in the back because i could not fit a torque wrench up there. is that okay? i tightened it well just not torqued. i can torque it with the wheels off but i heard that for best results do it with the wheels on.

2. i did not torque any of my upper shock bolts, again could not fit the dam wrench up in there. for the back i tightened them with my impact and they are on there very solid. for the front i tightened them until the bushing went beyond the washer by about 1/8 of an inch. Is my rig gonna fall apart?

3. the rear springs did not have a little groove to fit the end in like the front ones, so i just put them there, is that okay?

4. I was gonna reuse the rear sway bar links in the front and realized that they are shitty and rusty so i ordered disconnects. i noticed that somewhere in the middle the sway bar locks in place. is that normal? and is that what i wanna adjust my new sway bar to fit?

5. I did not mess with anything other than links, brakeline brackets, shocks and springs. i did not remove trackbar or anything. should i worry about anything that i did not touch? like torqing or adjusting anything?

6. the jeep rides straight, does not wobble, or shake beyond the norm. the front sway bar links are out so its loose up there but i will fix that, is there anything else i should do other than alignment. i got about 3 inches of lift. im not sure how much that will be when it settles.

thank you in advance. let me know if more info is needed.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

KeroJK

thank you so much for the welcome, happy to be a part of the community

Clutch

Caught the Bug
I’d use a torque wrench on the front and rear Trackbars to get 125 ft lbs.

I’d also loosen the front and rear lower control arms then rock the Jeep back and forth a few times, then torque back to 125 ft lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

KeroJK

I’d use a torque wrench on the front and rear Trackbars to get 125 ft lbs.

I’d also loosen the front and rear lower control arms then rock the Jeep back and forth a few times, then torque back to 125 ft lbs.

thank you clutch will do both. speaking of rocking back and forth. is it normal to see play and hear a slight squeak when pushing on one of my tires?

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I had 2 days off work and i decided to tackle my lift install. I have an 07 JK and i got my lift from 10a JKURsprings. 06 Front/61 back in case you were wondering. while at it i installed new rear sway bar links and new bilstein 5160 shocks. i have some questions because i have never done anything like this before. its good to know that i have been driving it for 3 days with no issues.

1. I did not torque my upper sway bar link bolts in the back because i could not fit a torque wrench up there. is that okay? i tightened it well just not torqued. i can torque it with the wheels off but i heard that for best results do it with the wheels on.

2. i did not torque any of my upper shock bolts, again could not fit the dam wrench up in there. for the back i tightened them with my impact and they are on there very solid. for the front i tightened them until the bushing went beyond the washer by about 1/8 of an inch. Is my rig gonna fall apart?

3. the rear springs did not have a little groove to fit the end in like the front ones, so i just put them there, is that okay?

4. I was gonna reuse the rear sway bar links in the front and realized that they are shitty and rusty so i ordered disconnects. i noticed that somewhere in the middle the sway bar locks in place. is that normal? and is that what i wanna adjust my new sway bar to fit?

5. I did not mess with anything other than links, brakeline brackets, shocks and springs. i did not remove trackbar or anything. should i worry about anything that i did not touch? like torqing or adjusting anything?

6. the jeep rides straight, does not wobble, or shake beyond the norm. the front sway bar links are out so its loose up there but i will fix that, is there anything else i should do other than alignment. i got about 3 inches of lift. im not sure how much that will be when it settles.

thank you in advance. let me know if more info is needed.

Hey dawg! Pics or your lyin!

Did you follow the Project-JK link I recommended to you?

Clutch

Caught the Bug
thank you clutch will do both. speaking of rocking back and forth. is it normal to see play and hear a slight squeak when pushing on one of my tires?

Doubtful. After you double check your torque specs, see if you still hear squeaks. Did you torque your lug nuts up to spec?

KeroJK

the one and only picture, for now that is. also this play and noise has been happening before the lift and ill need to check if it still happens. 20180617_203929.jpg

sipafz

Caught the Bug

I haven’t heard that and it shouldn’t matter. Why would it? Best results? News to me.

The rear spring perch doesn’t have a terminating notch. You are good.

You want the sway bar level, but it’s not critical since you don’t have a Rubicon disco.

You might need to recenter the steering wheel and did you add bump stop extensions?

Welcome to Wayalife!

sipafz

Caught the Bug

Not normal. Might be a ball joint.

KeroJK

alright! since this is a thing now. let me give you more details. the play happens when i push on the tire from its contact point with the ground so like when i push on the thread. hopefully i did not butcher the description.

thank you so much in advance.
Not normal. Might be a ball joint.

KeroJK

I haven’t heard that and it shouldn’t matter. Why would it? Best results? News to me.

The rear spring perch doesn’t have a terminating notch. You are good.

You want the sway bar level, but it’s not critical since you don’t have a Rubicon disco.

You might need to recenter the steering wheel and did you add bump stop extensions?

Welcome to Wayalife!
no, the ones i ordered would not fit in there. like i even thought they were for a different truck. i replaced all my bolts and nuts anyways so i will not have a hard time adding them later. thank you so much for all the answers, helps a ton!

KeroJK

Looks very nice Kero!
thanks man! like i said i appreciate all your help to get me to this point, its been a struggle but im very happy now that it is done. I actually followed the tutorial you sent me just read that you want the weight of the vehicle on the ground to torque everything properly, guess not so ill just torque the upper sway bar links, still dont know if the upper shock bolts should be good or not

catahoula

Caught the Bug
thanks man! like i said i appreciate all your help to get me to this point, its been a struggle but im very happy now that it is done. I actually followed the tutorial you sent me just read that you want the weight of the vehicle on the ground to torque everything properly, guess not so ill just torque the upper sway bar links, still dont know if the upper shock bolts should be good or not

I'm glad I could help. On the upper shock bolt I have never torqued. I just tightened until the bushings buldged a bit and never had any problems.

KeroJK

I'm glad I could help. On the upper shock bolt I have never torqued. I just tightened until the bushings buldged a bit and never had any problems.
and on the rear upper? did you manage to get a torque wrench up there?

Top Bottom