Look for advise based on my alignment sheet

13jkdune

Well hit a curb trying to avoid a accident and trying to see if I should worry about the spec or just leave it alone

The front axle is a Dana 30 trussed
no c gussets
With arb and aftermarket shafts and 5.13s

Rear is Danna 44 shafts and arb 5.13

IMG_4282.JPG

Just trying to see if u should build the spare Dana 30 I have with the works and swap my internals over to the spare housing or just keep wheeling it and leave it alone

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

A.J.

Camber is out almost 2 deg. I would check ball joints and unit bearings first but it kinda looks like C's could be bent. Caster is out a bit too. How much lift? Do you have adjust control arms?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

dytrdr5

I had a similar instance, someone merged into my lane really fast without seeing me, we hit her rear quarter panel to my front wheel and it threw the Jeep up and over the curb. I bent the Dana 30 tube at the long side, had almost 2 degrees of camber. Her insurance gave me almost $3500 and I used it for a Prorock 44 with some cash on my end.

IMG_5683.JPG

WJCO

Meme King
Just look at all options and see if I’m missing any thanks

Post #2 is spot on. Camber isn't adjustable, so since it is not correct, you either have worn ball joints, worn wheel bearings, or a bent housing. Those are your only 3 options for your camber angle.

PS: 4th option: The alignment tech is a fucking idiot and didn't hook up the heads correctly on the wheels. Rare, because the computer won't usually continue if those aren't hooked up correctly.

Bigjimbo

PS: 4th option: The alignment tech is a fucking idiot and didn't hook up the heads correctly on the wheels. Rare, because the computer won't usually continue if those aren't hooked up correctly.

I know this shop. I would believe it's option 4. Unfortunately we don't have skilled mechanics in this area. We have bolt on techs charging $150+ an hour, usually requiring more work to fix their shortcuts/lack of knowledge.

Crazy thing is these jokers have so much work they get away with it.

13jkdune

This is true about shops in are area

Talked with insurance and they where able to cut and check do to it being caused by avoiding a accident and will be replacing the axle with a Danna 30 44 is out of the question at the time with a wedding and honeymoon coming up I will also be re-gearing front and rear to 488 and fully building the front axle

I will only be running maybe small ko2 37s at some point

Thanks for the advise and help

Top Bottom