Does this look right?

JK07

Saw this the other day at Lowe’s. Not a towing expert but I didn’t think it looked like a good match. Neither did another guy I was chatting with in the parking lot. Thoughts?

IMG_2566.jpg IMG_2569.jpg IMG_2568.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Towing cap on the GC's in the 7000# range and down depending on the motor and I'd bet that trailer isn't over the limit, but I agree, it just doesn't look kosher. I pulled a car carrier loaded with wood in a Hemi GC I used to have a few years back but it wasn't near that long.

Edit: Hard to tell from the pics but if that's a V6 then the towing cap is only 3500 and I'd bet that's over unloaded. Wonder what in the hell he was hauling with that setup?

Last edited:

jdofmemi

That trailer is going to be about 3,500 empty.
If it is a big engine, he may be ok to haul small loads.
The hitch looks good, chains are on, tounge is level, not pointed at the ground.
I agree that it is not a good look overall, but if used within reason it will do.

98XJ06LJ

Look at the wheels on the trailer. 8 lug, gvw on the trailer is at least 10k. Hopefully he was just there to pick up the new play ground equipment for his backyard. Lol

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Towing cap on the GC's in the 7000# range and down depending on the motor and I'd bet that trailer isn't over the limit, but I agree, it just doesn't look kosher. I pulled a car carrier loaded with wood in a Hemi GC I used to have a few years back but it wasn't near that long.

Edit: Hard to tell from the pics but if that's a V6 then the towing cap is only 3500 and I'd bet that's over unloaded. Wonder what in the hell he was hauling with that setup?

V8 4x2 = 7400, 4x4 = 7200, Trailhawk = 6200. Still, that’s a little much trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom