Thread: Does this look right?

Does this look right?

Saw this the other day at Lowe’s. Not a towing expert but I didn’t think it looked like a good match. Neither did another guy I was chatting with in the parking lot. Thoughts?

IMG_2566.jpgIMG_2569.jpgIMG_2568.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    JK07

'07 JKUR Red Rock

Towing cap on the GC's in the 7000# range and down depending on the motor and I'd bet that trailer isn't over the limit, but I agree, it just doesn't look kosher. I pulled a car carrier loaded with wood in a Hemi GC I used to have a few years back but it wasn't near that long.

Edit: Hard to tell from the pics but if that's a V6 then the towing cap is only 3500 and I'd bet that's over unloaded. Wonder what in the hell he was hauling with that setup?
    Last edited by Ddays; 06-21-2018 at 12:36 PM.

That trailer is going to be about 3,500 empty.
    If it is a big engine, he may be ok to haul small loads.
    The hitch looks good, chains are on, tounge is level, not pointed at the ground.
    I agree that it is not a good look overall, but if used within reason it will do.

Look at the wheels on the trailer. 8 lug, gvw on the trailer is at least 10k. Hopefully he was just there to pick up the new play ground equipment for his backyard. Lol

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hooked
    Quote Originally Posted by 98XJ06LJ View Post
    Look at the wheels on the trailer. 8 lug, gvw on the trailer is at least 10k. Hopefully he was just there to pick up the new play ground equipment for his backyard. Lol

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using WAYALIFE mobile app
    LOL, definitely a "Hold my beer, I got this" moment.

Depending on the trailer weight he might be able to haul a sheet of plywood

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    Towing cap on the GC's in the 7000# range and down depending on the motor and I'd bet that trailer isn't over the limit, but I agree, it just doesn't look kosher. I pulled a car carrier loaded with wood in a Hemi GC I used to have a few years back but it wasn't near that long.

Edit: Hard to tell from the pics but if that's a V6 then the towing cap is only 3500 and I'd bet that's over unloaded. Wonder what in the hell he was hauling with that setup?
    V8 4x2 = 7400, 4x4 = 7200, Trailhawk = 6200. Still, that’s a little much trailer.

Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Build Thread-- http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3...l-II-The-Deuce

He prob dropped off his backhoe at the shop on his way there.

We should have a WTF subject line if we don’t already.

if it ain't broke!