Awful MPG

The.Ernie

Okay so this isn’t about my Jeep, but after I got it I found out that it’s getting slightly better gas mileage than my 2002 3.4 L Impala. I have no clue why that is. The car should get around 20 MPG but it’s been getting 14 recently. I assumed this was due to just stop and go traffic, but I did the same driving in the Jeep and got the same MPG when I thought it would be worse since ya know, it’s a Jeep. Are there any suggestions as to why my gas mileage is so terrible? I’ve checked the air filter and it’s clean, and it doesn’t sound like there’s a misfire, I’m going to check if the spark plugs are creating a blue spark by hooking it up to my lawn mower, (is that okay to do by the way?) I’ve checked for any leaks and I haven’t noticed any from the gas tank, I’m going to get someone to trail me and I’ll floor it and see if any is getting thrown out but this has me stumped. Sorry this isn’t a Jeep question and is instead just a maintenance question in general, but y’all are always helpful here

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
Okay so this isn’t about my Jeep, but after I got it I found out that it’s getting slightly better gas mileage than my 2002 3.4 L Impala. I have no clue why that is. The car should get around 20 MPG but it’s been getting 14 recently. I assumed this was due to just stop and go traffic, but I did the same driving in the Jeep and got the same MPG when I thought it would be worse since ya know, it’s a Jeep. Are there any suggestions as to why my gas mileage is so terrible? I’ve checked the air filter and it’s clean, and it doesn’t sound like there’s a misfire, I’m going to check if the spark plugs are creating a blue spark by hooking it up to my lawn mower, (is that okay to do by the way?) I’ve checked for any leaks and I haven’t noticed any from the gas tank, I’m going to get someone to trail me and I’ll floor it and see if any is getting thrown out but this has me stumped. Sorry this isn’t a Jeep question and is instead just a maintenance question in general, but y’all are always helpful here

Maybe it's because you're driving a piece of shit Chevy.

Top Bottom