RIPP header on 2dr

tflatt281

has anyone installed the ripp header kit with resonator and muffler on a 07-11 2dr jk? iv one and i wanna buy the kit but i emailed ripp and they said they cannot say it will fit for sure that trying to put the resonator in could cause issues just wanna see if anyones done it and how they did it. i do not want your comments about waste money and what not iv saw way to many people saying they can tell a difference and what not yea no its not gunna be 100 HP increase but 25 HP is better then no HP

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
has anyone installed the ripp header kit with resonator and muffler on a 07-11 2dr jk? iv one and i wanna buy the kit but i emailed ripp and they said they cannot say it will fit for sure that trying to put the resonator in could cause issues just wanna see if anyones done it and how they did it. i do not want your comments about waste money and what not iv saw way to many people saying they can tell a difference and what not yea no its not gunna be 100 HP increase but 25 HP is better then no HP

A couple of people on here, have posted they had nothing but trouble, with aftermarket headers.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/50759-Replacing-Headers-with-OEM-Exhaust-Manifolds

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

A couple of people on here, have posted they had nothing but trouble, with aftermarket headers.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/50759-Replacing-Headers-with-OEM-Exhaust-Manifolds

☝️ This. I'd be more concerned about having to torque header bolts every month and constantly dealing with melted plug wires.

The 3.8 wasn't built for performance. Accept it, move on, and enjoy your Jeep. If you want speed, do a Hemi or LS swap. Or buy a sports car. You're asking for trouble trying to eek HP out of the 3.8.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

sipafz

Caught the Bug
i do not want your comments about waste money and what not iv saw way to many people saying they can tell a difference and what not yea no its not gunna be 100 HP increase but 25 HP is better then no HP

If I decipher this correctly, didn’t you answer your own question? Uv saw so manys say its makes a difference and what not uv probably got to see their setups to back that up now ya hear?

tflatt281

different header and i do think that is a shorty header also which have issues they keep all the heat bottled up right in the engine bay causeing melted wire issues what not, to add on iv seen several people with the ripp headers having zero issues

tflatt281

If I decipher this correctly, didn’t you answer your own question? Uv saw so manys say its makes a difference and what not uv probably got to see their setups to back that up now ya hear?

so yes i have done alot of thread reading and have found quite a few people have installed them but the issue is there all on 4 doors not a 2 door shorter wheel base less exhaust to work with

tflatt281

☝️ This. I'd be more concerned about having to torque header bolts every month and constantly dealing with melted plug wires.

The 3.8 wasn't built for performance. Accept it, move on, and enjoy your Jeep. If you want speed, do a Hemi or LS swap. Or buy a sports car. You're asking for trouble trying to eek HP out of the 3.8.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

so looked into to the header he has and its a shorty not a long tube and from what i have saw on different forms its a known issue on melting plug wires, i havent seen anyone yet having melted wires or having to tighten there blots with the ripp kit yet. also to add there is no tune for those shortys or dyno data to show they make a difference. im not looking to make a race car out of it or peeking the HP on it all im doing is opening it up making it more efficient. im sure your a guy that says a tuner doesnt do anything and thats bullshit it does i have one and i have noticed a power difference yea its very small but its there and so did my MPG it went up by 1.5

Last edited:
J

JKDream

so looked into to the header he has and its a shorty not a long tube and from what i have saw on different forms its a known issue on melting plug wires, i havent seen anyone yet having melted wires or having to tighten there blots with the ripp kit yet. also to add there is no tune for those shortys or dyno data to show they make a difference. im not looking to make a race car out of it or peeking the HP on it all im doing is opening it up making it more efficient. im sure your a guy that says a tuner doesnt do anything and thats bullshit it does i have one and i have noticed a power difference yea its very small but its there and so did my MPG it went up by 1.5

I don't understand people like you.
Why are you asking for advice, and then getting upset because someone gave their opinion and experience but wasn't what you wanted to hear.
Sorry, but you won't last long here.

BaddestCross

Actually, I run a FlashPaq tune and it does run better and the milage went up about 1MPG, so there's that. I also run a LiveWire Screamin' Demon coil pack and wires which boosted my mileage by about 2-3MPG, so there's that too. I also run a Dynomax exhaust, but that's for clearance, not performance, because I actually wheel my Jeep not try and look cool chasing ladies off base when I'm on leave.

I'm just relaying experiences that others have had and potential issues you may run into to save you some money and frustration.

Judging by this and some of your other posts here, I'm sure you're the kind of guy that doesn't give a shit what others with more experience tell you and just want to be told what you want to hear, so go ahead and put those bad boys on.

Next you'll throw $5k into the Ripp Supercharger and wonder why the bottom end of your 3.8 has extra holes in it a few months later.

While you're doing all this, don't forget the Grumper grill and 22s cuz those add at least 35HP. It must be true cuz I read it in the internet. 🍻

--

WJCO

Meme King

My comments will hurt your feelings, so I'm just going to stay out of this one.

tflatt281

I don't understand people like you.
Why are you asking for advice, and then getting upset because someone gave their opinion and experience but wasn't what you wanted to hear.
Sorry, but you won't last long here.

i am far from being upset, and the issue is i clearly said i did not want this o dont buy them waste money bullshit

fiend

Caught the Bug
and you sir can fuck off.

I apologize for letting frustration get the better of me. My point is, if you can convey your question more clearly, more people can understand what you’re asking and can provide responsive information.

tflatt281

wow i am surprised! you put all that on there figured you would be afraid of "eek" your HP, and naa im good on the supercharger i know the limits but thanks for the idea. i wheel mine also so im good on the 22s those are just absurd, and no thanks on the grumper grille and nice roof rack and tube doors you tool.

tflatt281

I apologize for letting frustration get the better of me. My point is, if you can convey your question more clearly, more people can understand what you’re asking and can provide responsive information.

i get man im just tired as fuck, im on deployment right now so working my ass off and just looking to do some upgrades to the jeep while im gone.

tflatt281

Actually, I run a FlashPaq tune and it does run better and the milage went up about 1MPG, so there's that. I also run a LiveWire Screamin' Demon coil pack and wires which boosted my mileage by about 2-3MPG, so there's that too. I also run a Dynomax exhaust, but that's for clearance, not performance, because I actually wheel my Jeep not try and look cool chasing ladies off base when I'm on leave.

I'm just relaying experiences that others have had and potential issues you may run into to save you some money and frustration.

Judging by this and some of your other posts here, I'm sure you're the kind of guy that doesn't give a shit what others with more experience tell you and just want to be told what you want to hear, so go ahead and put those bad boys on.

Next you'll throw $5k into the Ripp Supercharger and wonder why the bottom end of your 3.8 has extra holes in it a few months later.

While you're doing all this, don't forget the Grumper grill and 22s cuz those add at least 35HP. It must be true cuz I read it in the internet. 🍻

--

wow i am surprised! you put all that on there figured you would be afraid of "eek" your HP, and naa im good on the supercharger i know the limits but thanks for the idea. i wheel mine also so im good on the 22s those are just absurd by the way, and no thanks on the grumper grille. o and your talking shit about people having 22s and yet you have halos and even worse some off brand opar amazon crap lmfao, trying to be cool with your china made leds every where, roof rack and tube doors . i mean fuck you own a automatic thats not even a real fucking jeep so go sit down you old fuck and eat some humble pie.

BaddestCross

wow i am surprised! you put all that on there figured you would be afraid of "eek" your HP, and naa im good on the supercharger i know the limits but thanks for the idea. i wheel mine also so im good on the 22s those are just absurd by the way, and no thanks on the grumper grille. o and your talking shit about people having 22s and yet you have halos and even worse some off brand opar amazon crap lmfao, trying to be cool with your china made leds every where, roof rack and tube doors . i mean fuck you own a automatic thats not even a real fucking jeep so go sit down you old fuck and eat some humble pie.

Lol. I spend my money where it counts... No need to spend $800 on headlights or $1500 on a light bar. Or $1600 on headers.

Yeah, I'm old. I put in my time on a manual. I enjoy my automatic and my roof rack. Good luck with your headers. Happy to hear you're not fucking dense enough to do the supercharger and 22s... There may be hope for you yet. Until then, go ahead and fuck off.

Oh, and thanks for your service. 🍻

--

WJCO

Meme King
i mean fuck you own a automatic thats not even a real fucking jeep so go sit down you old fuck and eat some humble pie.

You're asking about modifying a Jeep because you want to run headers, and you're criticizing another member for driving an automatic? Wow. I have no words.

By the way, as far as the resonator that you asked about earlier, I think installing this in its place will be the best solution for you:

71vHuqY2cpL._SX355_.jpg

Top Bottom