2Dr on 37's And 40's

critter812

I am at a critical point for my build and want to see 2 dr's on 37's and 40's and if other than axles you had to do any cutting Moding to get them to fit.

For reference:
2017 JK
Going EVO Bolt on Coilovers
Have flat fenders

BaddestCross

I am at a critical point for my build and want to see 2 dr's on 37's and 40's and if other than axles you had to do any cutting Moding to get them to fit.

For reference:
2017 JK
Going EVO Bolt on Coilovers
Have flat fenders
Just spent the better part of 2 years getting my 2 door ready for 37s...
20180619_192835.jpg
I added C gussets, upgraded ball joints, upgraded steering linkages, lifted to 3-3.5" or so, front and rear Chromoly axle shafts, front and rear driveshafts, wheel spacers, and cut the rear pinch seam.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

rubiDave

Just spent the better part of 2 years getting my 2 door ready for 37s...
View attachment 304170
I added C gussets, upgraded ball joints, upgraded steering linkages, lifted to 3-3.5" or so, front and rear Chromoly axle shafts, front and rear driveshafts, wheel spacers, and cut the rear pinch seam.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
Didn't you re-gear too?

Your rig looks great on 37s btw.

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Whitarmy

IMG_3163.JPG IMG_3037.JPG

I cut the rear pinch seam. Have a 4” rough country long arm kit, and tube fenders. I have no issues with 37’s. I do plan to regear in the near future just to be better off-road.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

Just mounted my 37s this weekend. I'm on evo 2" plush rides up front and OME med duty rear springs. And it gave me 2.5-3" of lift, If you go bolt on coil overs you will most likely end up with 4" of lift (cozdude is running this set up and that's about as low as he could get it).

I have the dynatrac trail leader package with 4.88s and arb lockers. 5.13s would be a better fit but I didn't want that small of a pinion in my D44s. My wheels have 4.5" of backspace and at this height rub while flexing in a turn so I am putting on wheel spacers.

I also have 1350 drive shafts front and rear that required adjustable upper control arms front and rear.
If you get 4" out of the coilovers you'll probably want a raised front and rear track bar brackets and a drag link flip.

In regards to cutting, yes you will need to hack away a few inches of the pinch seam. When I first mounted mine the tires were less than 1" away from the pinch seam at ride height. I also plan to cut off a few inches of my rubi rails like I did on my last jeep. Also if your rear bumper lines up with the rear pinch seam you may have rubbing issues there so i recommend a stubby rear bumper if you don't already have one.

Hopefully that helps and here are some pics of mine on 37x13.50 coopers. Also there is another thread on here dedicated to 2drs on 37s

20180625_152147.jpg

20180622_180709.jpg

20180622_180344.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

rubiconrunner

I’m in the process of mounting my beadlocks and 40s on my 2 dr.... extensive cutting to the rear, and they are heavy.... really heavy. I’m running 4.88s in my current axle set up, until i pull the trigger on new axles. LA lift will be in the works soon.strongly considering a stretch
IMG_1234.jpg heres a shitty shot of the progress

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I-Eat-Mud

IMG_0161.jpg
Cooper STT pro 40s. Probably about 4” actual lift. 3.5” springs in the front 14” coilovers in the rear. LOTS of cutting on the rear, not really any on the front other than fenders. Little stretch on the front, 6” in the rear. Sitting on full width superduty axles. Image1530322951.961313.jpg

Last edited:

BaddestCross

Top Bottom