EVO Oil Pan Skid Bolts Backing Out

Ikshaw

Hey all, I just recently installed my EVO skids, and they seem fantastic! Excited to put them to use! However, after checking up on the torture briefly after 70, then 200 miles, they all seemed to be a bit looser. Has anyone experienced problems with the oil pan bolts backing themselves out after the install of the skid? Any tips or tricks if so? Thank you!

BaddestCross

Hey all, I just recently installed my EVO skids, and they seem fantastic! Excited to put them to use! However, after checking up on the torture briefly after 70, then 200 miles, they all seemed to be a bit looser. Has anyone experienced problems with the oil pan bolts backing themselves out after the install of the skid? Any tips or tricks if so? Thank you!
Same happened to me. Had to tighten a few of them down a couple times before they held. I check them at every oil change and so far so good for over a year now.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I didn’t even think that could be an issue. I just put mine on, torqued the bolts and forgot about it. It’s been about a year and I didn’t loose my oil pan yet. I just visually inspect it from time to time. Looks like I better check with a torque wrench.

jjsmail

Well I know what I’m doing today now! I was looking for something to do anyways. I always forget to recheck torque after everything is installed. Need to get better at that.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom