A good wind deflector for driving with the hard top off?

alkapin

I have taken off the front panels on the hard top on my new JL and even with just these two pieces of driving at any decent speed creates a LOT of wind inside. Cant really find any suitable top of the windshield wind deflector for JL online. Any recommendations? Thanks!

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Top off = wind
Top on = no wind

Seriously though, on my JKU, the wind was worse, with the freedom panels of, than with the entire top off. It seems to blow in your face more, with just the freedom panels out.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
I have taken off the front panels on the hard top on my new JL and even with just these two pieces of driving at any decent speed creates a LOT of wind inside. Cant really find any suitable top of the windshield wind deflector for JL online. Any recommendations? Thanks!
Give it to me and go back to driving what you owned before.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Those mesh shades help with the wind. Dunno if they are out for the JL yet though. I would think the ones for the JK work the same, just attaches with ball ties.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

alkapin

Mine is my first Jeep and I never complained about wind. Made a 1000 mile trip with no top or doors...haha. It's like saying everytime I roll the window down wind comes in.

Mine as well the first for me. Of course it should be windy, I am just saying every other convertible vehicle I have driven before have few options to minimize the flow. Why not Jeep? Or is it against Jeepers religion to make yourself comfortable?:)

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Mine as well the first for me. Of course it should be windy, I am just saying every other convertible vehicle I have driven before have few options to minimize the flow. Why not Jeep? Or is it against Jeepers religion to make yourself comfortable?:)

Take the rest of the top off so you don’t create a wind tunnel.

Science.

srbell0585

Mine is my first Jeep and I never complained about wind. Made a 1000 mile trip with no top or doors...haha. It's like saying everytime I roll the window down wind comes in.

Z0 zip R

Sent from my SM-N910T using WAYALIFE mobile app

duktrx

Other convertibles start with a more aerodynamic frontend. In my JKU, cracking open the windows does break the vacuum created, lessening the turbulence though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS

Hooked
The front two panels ARE the wind deflectors.

Have you never been in a convertible before? The whole point of having the top down/off is to be windy.

Get yourself a spiderweb shade to protect from the direct sun. That’s about as wind deflection you might get.

Zstairlessone

Drive a car with the sunroof open and the windows down, pretty windy in there too.

Top Bottom