Adding a RAM mount to a JL Wrangler dash

JAGS

Hooked
After adding a RH4x4 cage to my JK a few years back I became spoiled to having a place to put RAM mounts. The RAM mounts in my JK are used for the CB holder (midland 75) and also my cell phone.

After some looking around I decided to test out an idea. Ordered some things up and gave it go this morning. Here’s some initial things you’ll need to get this simple mod complete.

• Philips head screwdriver
• Sharp blade/exacto knife
• RAM mount motorcycle base 11 mm hole
• Small washer
• Black electrical tape (optional)

To get started, simply remove the black center dash tray protector. Under the tray you’ll notice a small screw on both the passenger and driver side. I decided to use the passenger side screw. Remove the screw and set it aside.

IMG_5169.jpg

Now grab your motorcycle ram mount and washer and then install using the existing screw and location.

IMG_5173.jpg

You’re halfway there. Easy peezy.

Now, for a more finished look, you can trim the dash tray to fit back around the RAM mount. I chose to go this route. Note: you end up not needing to completely trim off the left side of the ridge as I did. I used some black electrical tape to clean that side up. Look fine, but hope to save you that hassle

IMG_5176.jpg
IMG_5177.jpg

Once trimmed to your liking, simply wrap the dash tray liner back around the installed RAM mount.

IMG_5175.jpg

Now you’re ready to mount up whatever you wish. I’m planning to do my CB and likely a cell phone holder. It’s a small screw, so I would maybe caution against mounting anything too heavy. But do as you you see fit.

Hope others might find this easy mod of value.

Top Bottom