Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Love the bumper, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Tjjeepguy View Post
    Lol they rattle can stuff all the time using rustoleum truck bed coating or using foam brushs with roll on paint. Ive talked to a member of the packaging dept. and he sent me plenty of pics of them with foam brushs and roll on paint to touch up any of there powder, amazing how theyll just lie to you or blame there own powder company for there own faults.
    LMFAO, by all means share these photos that you apparently have. LOD is a great company and I have been eyeballing their rock sliders for a while now
    Captain Imachurity
    2003 WJ Build Thread
    2017 Gobi JKU Build Thread
    2016 Renegade Sport Build Thread
    2019 Compass Sport Build Thread

Lol they rattle can stuff all the time using rustoleum truck bed coating or using foam brushs with roll on paint. Ive talked to a member of the packaging dept. and he sent me plenty of pics of them with foam brushs and roll on paint to touch up any of there powder, amazing how theyll just lie to you or blame there own powder company for there own faults.
    Umm, welcome to WAYALIFE. I like how original your gmail address is.

tjjeepguy.jpg

Damn! Salty much? If you’re going to claim that back it up.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Umm, welcome to WAYALIFE. I like how original your gmail address is.

tjjeepguy.jpg
    LMFAO you know it's an unhealthy obsession when even your email names your vendetta.
    Captain Imachurity
    2003 WJ Build Thread

We should totally believe you because of your awesome reputation and credibility here. When I package things, I also always take lots of pictures so I can show others how I package things.

cmon-son-get-the-fuck-outta-here-with-that-bullshit.jpg
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Advertiser
    Well just to inform everyone. Anybody that does powder coating must touch up certain spots due to where the products are hung by hooks so they can spray them. The parts are hung on a powder coating line by a hook and all powder coating is done this way no matter who does it. We encourage you to look this up on youtube if you like so you have a good idea. So where the hook is touching the product no coating will be on this little spot. This spot must be touched up and of course we touch these little tiny spots up, everybody that does coating should as there is no way around this unless you can magically make the part hover (if so please let us know as we would love to hire you . We outsource our coating as it is a very large undertaking and we let the guys that do coating do what they do best. We inspect everything before it ships and if something gets past us we would like to know it and will replace the product, mistakes can happen and we will always address them and take care of it. We do our best to constantly improve our process and work closley with out coater to improve everything from how they send the products back to us to the way they spray parts and hang them on the coating conveyer line. The nice thing part is anyone absolutley is set on their opinion and still wants our products, we offer them in bare steel and you can have it coated with any type of coating you would like So feel free to contact us with any questions and we will be more than happy to help you out in any way we can.

LoD

Quote Originally Posted by LōD Offroad View Post
    Well just to inform everyone. Anybody that does powder coating must touch up certain spots due to where the products are hung by hooks so they can spray them. The parts are hung on a powder coating line by a hook and all powder coating is done this way no matter who does it. We encourage you to look this up on youtube if you like so you have a good idea. So where the hook is touching the product no coating will be on this little spot. This spot must be touched up and of course we touch these little tiny spots up, everybody that does coating should as there is no way around this unless you can magically make the part hover (if so please let us know as we would love to hire you . We outsource our coating as it is a very large undertaking and we let the guys that do coating do what they do best. We inspect everything before it ships and if something gets past us we would like to know it and will replace the product, mistakes can happen and we will always address them and take care of it. We do our best to constantly improve our process and work closley with out coater to improve everything from how they send the products back to us to the way they spray parts and hang them on the coating conveyer line. The nice thing part is anyone absolutley is set on their opinion and still wants our products, we offer them in bare steel and you can have it coated with any type of coating you would like So feel free to contact us with any questions and we will be more than happy to help you out in any way we can.

LoD
    Generally speaking, I think it's a good idea to ship bumpers, sliders and armor in bare metal anyway...why risk damage to a heavy powder coated item in shipping...which is not uncommon. Best to have your local powder coat shop handle that...

I personally could care less about the powder coat finish. I know that I will end up adding my own scratches and damage myself so I'm not too worried
    Captain Imachurity
    2003 WJ Build Thread

IMG_7070.JPG........

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Was this a drive by, or are you too busy trolling somewhere else, today?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast