2004 jeep wrangler X computer

halex_SF

Like several other jeeps with the 42rle transnission my jeep has started with the hard shift from 1st to 2nd, i know i need a new pcm, my question is, my jeep was made in the second half of 2004, my computer has 4 harnesses, all the places ive been looking says the computer for the 2004 model came with only 3 harnesses, what computer should i Get?? im pretty lost at this point, and the number in my computer does nos seems to fit those of the 2005 models either, mine has the following number printed in a sticker: P52128422AC
My jeep also have all the intake of the 2005-2006 models, should i assume this is a 2004 late model with several pieces of the 2005 model?

Thanks all for your help

halex_SF

Thanks, Ive already try that and some other fixes, anything works, i took it to a tranny shop and they told me the same, the transmission is fine, there is something wrong with the pcm

PT1400

You probably don't want to hear this. Take the pcm to the local dealer. The new pcm will have to be programmed either way. They should have a breakout harness to connect to it, to do the programming.

Top Bottom