Installed my new half doors

Chris1015

Ordered up some Evo MFG half doors from Exodus. Finally got them painted (wizard black is the name of the color lol) by a place called CPC powder coating. They said it would match the granite color of the Jeep. That is up for debate but I think the color looks ok. Definitely not a perfect match like I was led to believe. It was done for the best price though I shopped for at $300 inside and out painted.

Only ran them for a couple days so far. Noticed the passenger door has a rattle sometimes so I gotta investigate that a bit. I dont really like how hard you gotta slam the door to ensure it is shut. Already had my driver door come open once.

I do really like the look of these. I know some on here likely do not, but that's ok. I definitely do not like how the door handles arent level and think that is totally stupid. The down side for these also is that I do not believe they have any soft top windows to seal them up should a summer storm pop up. So that's not cool.

All in all, I like the way they look but dont like some of the other things mentioned. I'd maybe consider something else if I were doing it again. 20180623_132225.jpg 20180623_132237.jpg 20180623_132310.jpg

Chris1015

I also bought these so I could put on my mirrors. Those 2 black caps on the front can hold the factory mirrors. I was in a rush though and didnt have time to put them on. That will be for another day. Lastly, they have a nice arm rest on each door so that's a plus.

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
Those look good! I like how their different from all other half doors. Keep us posted on the good and bad.

Chris1015

Thanks a lot guys. I'm hoping I come around on them a bit more.

I plan to really pinstripe them maybe my next run to Arizona this winter/early spring.

Chris1015

We could have help break them in at Drummond, but Chris can’t make it. :(

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
I'm pretty bummed about that for sure. Got one a friend I'm a best man for in his big wedding day on the 4th. Those wayalife videos they made when out there looked so incredibly awesome. I will be making it to D.I. eventually.

WhiteMetal

What’s the inside of the front door look like I’m wondering why they didn’t level out the handles and have rod go down to latch mechanism , is there a brace in the way?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom