Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Well....This just happened. Crashed my JK

I see these kinds of accidents with some regularity. Usually it’s because the guy behind is texting rather than paying attention to the road. Not saying that was what happened here, but I’ve seen it aplenty.

Nothing but a Thing TrailHunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    I see these kinds of accidents with some regularity. Usually it’s because the guy behind is texting rather than paying attention to the road. Not saying that was what happened here, but I’ve seen it aplenty.
    .... Or in the middle of posting to the “You’re Doing it Wrong” thread...

Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post
    .... Or in the middle of posting to the “You’re Doing it Wrong” thread...
    Oh, the irony.

Quote Originally Posted by Clifford33 View Post
    Wow see I guess that is one good thing about aftermarket parts. They will hold up in an accident to keep you safe.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    And I thought I was glad I had one when I plowed a deer...

Glad everyone is ok!

Glad everyone is OK.

Air bags didn’t pop? I wondered about this when I put my first aftermarket bumper on. I heard something about the heavy bumper could make it more prone for the sensors to tell the airbags to inflate.

Take care.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nothing but a Thing TrainWreck618's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Good2Go View Post
    Glad everyone is OK.

Air bags didn’t pop? I wondered about this when I put my first aftermarket bumper on. I heard something about the heavy bumper could make it more prone for the sensors to tell the airbags to inflate.

Take care.

Your airbags deploy based on force. There is a sensor inside your Jeep. Has nothing to do with your bumper.

Quote Originally Posted by TrainWreck618 View Post
    Your airbags deploy based on force. There is a sensor inside your Jeep. Has nothing to do with your bumper.

OK. I found it. ARB certifies their Bumpers won’t change the deployment rate of air bags.

“ Now, when you add a steel bumper or bull bar that is not designed to work with a vehicle featuring airbags, there is a chance that these accessories may affect the triggering of the airbag circuit. For instance, steel bumpers are way more solid than fiber ones, which are designed to crumple. Therefore, steel bumpers may make the crumple zones redundant and affect the algorithm that triggers the deployment of airbags.

If improperly triggered, the airbag may deploy earlier or later. Both cases are dangerous. If deployed early, the frontal airbag can snap the driver/passenger’s neck by pushing the head of the person behind at a very high speed. If deployed late, the airbag will fail to protect and the head of the driver/passenger could collide with the steering, causing grievous injuries or even death.”

Once again this reminds me to “buy quality”.

Quote Originally Posted by Good2Go View Post
    Glad everyone is OK.

Take care.

Nope. I was able to slow down enough where it didn’t hit so hard. Problem is even at 10-20 mph 6000lbs of solid steel makes a pretty good dent.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuelh3 View Post
    Nope. I was able to slow down enough where it didn’t hit so hard. Problem is even at 10-20 mph 6000lbs of solid steel makes a pretty good dent.

...Because you used the Mercedes as your new crumple zone lol

Glad everyone was alright.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234