Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 40ís on a PR44?

Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    It can be done, but is tricky because the pumpkin is cast while the tubes are not. You need to find an experienced welder who knows how to properly preheat the cast metal and also how to get the two parts to cool in such a way that they donít crack (metal contracts as it cools). The shop that fixed my friendís axle is a 90 minute drive, so I canít just pop over there.

Also, I think to be safe youíd want to remove your carrier, locker wiring, and maybe even the pinion gear and seals before welding, so they donít all get cooked. Thatís gonna add several hundred dollars in labor unless you find a welder whoíll let you do all that work yourself in his shop. Unlikely.
    Damn, sounds like a ton of work. Would be great to have it done though. Thanks for the info..... maybe one day.

Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    Yep. Now heís got me paranoid about spinning my diff with 37s.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeruGE*144 View Post
    Canít you weld it in before hand, might save you some headache. Now I am paranoid too, thanks a lot guys
    Just go easy on the skinny pedal and you'll be just fine. When in doubt, throttle out is not the best of mottos to follow..

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Im sorry! It looks like my ham fisted self managed to delete my post when I was trying to edit it.

I had a question about the Pro Grips... the front rotors, at 13.5" are slightly smaller than the rears, at 14.25". Is this due to limited space, or are there other concerns?

And I apologize again for the hi-jack!

Quote Originally Posted by sm31 View Post
    Im sorry! It looks like my ham fisted self managed to delete my post when I was trying to edit it.

I had a question about the Pro Grips... the front rotors, at 13.5" are slightly smaller than the rears, at 14.25". Is this due to limited space, or are there other concerns?

And I apologize again for the hi-jack!
    Just guessing, but maybe it is to give more braking surface so the rear brakes can grip a little more to avoid nose dives in a hard braking situation and allows for more even braking.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123