Longarmwj drinks some BLUE JUICE

longarmwj

Well here in Georgia it isn’t blue, but it is Ethanol free!! Found a place down from the dealership that sold it so I decided to try it out to see how my MPGs are effected. Last time i reset my trip odometer and manually calculated my MPGs I got 14.6. Let’s see what the pure gas does!!

Image1530323778.079798.jpg
Image1530323788.024258.jpg
Most expensive fill up ever in my jeeps history!
Image1530323819.855834.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Looking forward to the results! I have an ethanol free station up the road from me but haven’t used it before except for yard equipment. If mpgs improve enough to justify the cost difference I might give it a shot. Never tried in the Jeep because I kind of just accepted the fact that I’m driving a really heavy brick around and wasn’t really trying to save gas. But if it helps, I’ll take it.

BaddestCross

Well here in Georgia it isn’t blue, but it is Ethanol free!! Found a place down from the dealership that sold it so I decided to try it out to see how my MPGs are effected. Last time i reset my trip odometer and manually calculated my MPGs I got 14.6. Let’s see what the pure gas does!!

View attachment 304617
View attachment 304618
Most expensive fill up ever in my jeeps history!
View attachment 304619

I'm pretty sure the MPG increase won't cover the cost at 4.19/gal 😱

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Jsouder53

Hooked
I need to find an ethanol free station here in Montana... I used to fill up every once in a while with rec fuel, kinda thought it might help clean the system out. I would alternate that and some Lucas oil fuel additive every thousand miles or so.

longarmwj

Well I have results. And they are.....interesting. Remember I said that a couple of weeks back I manually calculated my MPGs and got 14.6. That was on regular old pump gas. Friday, I filled up the JK with pure gas and reset the trip odometer. I drove the same route I always drive, the same way I always drive, and this is what i got (btw yes i really do drive over 200 miles every three days. Gotta love a commute)

I racked up 221.3 miles on my daily commute to and from work and such
Image1530503611.052694.jpg

To top it off, it took 16.6 gallons
Image1530503661.592735.jpg

Doing the math (221.3/16.6), I got an average of 13.3 MPGs. I got WORSE gas mileage. Same driving routes, same conditions, same driving style.

The only thing that i can figure is that modern vehicles are tuned specifically for ethanol in the fuel and the lack of it causes it to run less efficiently? Other then that theory I’m totally stumped. But for sure interesting results.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well I have results. And they are.....interesting. Remember I said that a couple of weeks back I manually calculated my MPGs and got 14.6. That was on regular old pump gas. Friday, I filled up the JK with pure gas and reset the trip odometer. I drove the same route I always drive, the same way I always drive, and this is what i got (btw yes i really do drive over 200 miles every three days. Gotta love a commute)

I racked up 221.3 miles on my daily commute to and from work and such

To top it off, it took 16.6 gallons

Doing the math (221.3/16.6), I got an average of 13.3 MPGs. I got WORSE gas mileage. Same driving routes, same conditions, same driving style.

The only thing that i can figure is that modern vehicles are tuned specifically for ethanol in the fuel and the lack of it causes it to run less efficiently? Other then that theory I’m totally stumped. But for sure interesting results.

That is interesting for sure, thanks for doing the science experiment. I only use the blue juice in my old iron and I was curios to see if it'd make a difference in a modern JK.

WhiteMetal

I feel like the first tank will kinda be cleaning your fuel system out like when you put fuel system cleaner in, that tank will not get better mileage but the tanks after would

longarmwj

I feel like the first tank will kinda be cleaning your fuel system out like when you put fuel system cleaner in, that tank will not get better mileage but the tanks after would

Possibly. The Jeep did seem to run stronger with the elusive blue juice pumped in it, although that might have just been my mind being hopeful :idontknow:

Top Bottom