Vehicle Jerks when hitting the gas

The.Ernie

Alright so look I replaced the spark plugs and wires, but I checked it again after this issue happened and all of the wires are secured, and all of the wires are to the correct cylinder. Now look whenever I drive for a while it’s all good. No issue whatsoever, now when I hit around 35 mph the car jerks it feels a bit like when you lag in a video game, my only thought is that there’s a misfire, but everything is going to the correct cylinder, and if it was a misfire it’d seem like it’d be doing this odd thing from the first 10 minutes I start driving, not any later than that, I asked a buddy about it and he said to check the transmission fluid, and my transmission fluid is fine and I’ve only got about 132,000 miles on it so I have no real reason to suspect my transmission is failing, especially since the issue does not occur after the first few minutes of driving and even hitting higher speeds with no issue. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Check fuel pressure with gauge taped to window while you're driving. When the Jeep acts up, see if gauge drops. I recently had a similar issue and mine was my aftermarket air intake tube collapsing under load.

The.Ernie

Check fuel pressure with gauge taped to window while you're driving. When the Jeep acts up, see if gauge drops. I recently had a similar issue and mine was my aftermarket air intake tube collapsing under load.

I’ll be sure to check it. I hadn’t noticed it dropping before but I hadn’t been paying much attention to it

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Lol! I thought you were talking about those fuckin idiots in the diesels that have to slam on the gas pedal so they can smoke the cars behind them!

The.Ernie

UPDATE: I was driving, everything was fine at first as usual. Then as I was driving the engine started sputtering again and I held down the gas but it was not accelerating at allll, it also smells like dead fish or coffee beans in here but it might be just where I’m at. Not 100% sure. But yea I floored it and I’m not getting above 15 mph and I popped the hood open and manually pressed the throttle body and it still did the same thing. It’s a v6 but it shook like crazy and sounded like only 3 or 2 cylinders were firing correctly

BaddestCross

UPDATE: I was driving, everything was fine at first as usual. Then as I was driving the engine started sputtering again and I held down the gas but it was not accelerating at allll, it also smells like dead fish or coffee beans in here but it might be just where I’m at. Not 100% sure. But yea I floored it and I’m not getting above 15 mph and I popped the hood open and manually pressed the throttle body and it still did the same thing. It’s a v6 but it shook like crazy and sounded like only 3 or 2 cylinders were firing correctly

Bad catalytic converter

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Whitarmy

I had bad O2 sensors on the driver side that kept making me misfire while driving. Originally thought the same things as you. I got a code that led me to check them though. Swapped them out and it was all good again. This was at 70k miles

Top Bottom