Hammerman JKUR build

HammermanJKUR

Hey guys. Had my 14 rubi for about a month now. Started collecting parts for it as soon as I got it. (Really I have all sorts of jk parts laying around from all the jks we’ve worked on, but most of it is stock stuff.) Within the first week I had made a puck lift (our family owns a urethane business so I can make those haha) I made it brown because it was the closest cooler we have to copper. I got those installed. IMG_2049.JPG IMG_2053.JPG IMG_2174.JPG

Then I got a call from my local 4wp manager that they had some bumpers that were returned because the powder was coming off of it and he wanted to know if I was wanting some bumpers before they sold them. Of course I’ll take $1700 in bumpers for $250. I also picked up a bikini top for the Jeep while I was up there. I’m going to make some changes to the bumpers before I have them re powder coated. I also got some trail mirrors, a superchips programmer and **I think** a currie 1 Ton track bar from a buddy that needed help with building a back deck. IMG_2173.JPG

Also on order are some fox 2.0 shocks and 35x12.50r17 trail grapplers and 1.5” spacers.

Hopefully once I get this stuff on I’ll be on the trail. I should have everything back from powder on like a week or 2 so hopefully by mid July early August I’ll be out on the trail. Goal is to be done by hi lift day at red bird sra.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

HammermanJKUR

Awesome finds! Very cool that you were able to cast your own spacers.

I’ll have to look up the Hi lift event at red bird.

Good luck with the build!

Thanks!

Yeah we’ve been casting them since the Tj’s for our buddies. They are super easy to make with the right equipment. Couple hours on a lathe and mill and to machine a master and then I made the mold after that. Now if I need them (there are 6 jks in our family) I just have the guys pour me a set.

The hi lift event is fun I believe it’s mid August some time. I’d like to do a shake down run to badlands or haspin before I go there. Hope to see you there!

wjtstudios

Hooked
Thanks!

Yeah we’ve been casting them since the Tj’s for our buddies. They are super easy to make with the right equipment. Couple hours on a lathe and mill and to machine a master and then I made the mold after that. Now if I need them (there are 6 jks in our family) I just have the guys pour me a set.

The hi lift event is fun I believe it’s mid August some time. I’d like to do a shake down run to badlands or haspin before I go there. Hope to see you there!

You could do a shake down run on Drummond August 1-5!

HammermanJKUR

Nice score on the tie rod. Those spacers look awesome.

Thanks! He got it from a guy for pretty cheap and then went to throw it on his jk and it wouldn’t fit because he had 15’s on it. Luckily he figured it out after he bought the synergy stabilizer bracket [emoji23] so I got that too.

HammermanJKUR

Well y’all I got my tires and bumpers and shocks on and it looked pretty good. IMG_2446.jpg IMG_2354.jpg

And then someone decided they didn’t like it and turned into me on the way home. The tires and everything had 730 miles on them [emoji58][emoji58][emoji58] IMG_2426.jpg IMG_2430.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2441.jpg
    IMG_2441.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Dang. Glad you're alright. That looks like it was a heck of a hit. They had insurance right?

dillard09

Dam it boy! Hope your ok, that the most imporatnt thing. The jeep can be fixed or replaced. Good luck! The wheel, and shaft is awesome! :eek:

trailraider

geez , is that an interesting break on the wheel. wall decoration for sure. nothing like getting the first scratch out of the way.

HammermanJKUR

My self and my daughter were in it. She was on the door that got hit but had 5 point harness on and all I got was a sore collar bone ( if broke it 3 times so it is always sore)

I raced sxs for years and have a wall of shame with all the wheels I’ve destroyed so I’m going to turn this wheel and axle shaft into a trophy or something. Haha.

Oh and by the way I got the quote from the body shop and it’s going to be $18300 to fix.

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
Oh wow that sucks!! I'm really glad you and your daughter are doing ok though. That's a really ugly hit, I hope the insurance company takes good care of you!

Top Bottom