Dynatrac xd problem

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Anyone run into a problem with the Johnny joints not fitting in the lower control arm brackets? Spent a couple hours trying to fight it. But the Johnny joint hits the skid. Planning on dremeling it tomorrow so the Johnny joint clears.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I don’t know what the XD looks like but, can you possibly install them on the axle first and then attach to the frame.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
I was just going to post that mine fit fine then went out and looked and can see where the adjuster nut is contacting top of bracket at full droop. It appears to be self clearancing though :)

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
I don’t know what the XD looks like but, can you possibly install them on the axle first and then attach to the frame.
Thought about that. But when we looked how it lines up. the johnny joint hits the skid and needs to go forwards like an 1/16th to 1/8th of an inch

I'm bummed you had a problem. I went to the shop and looked at an axle being assembled. I do not recall this happening before, so I would like to figure out why yours is an issue. Here are a couple of pics of a front LCA bracket on an Elite XD60 in the shop. I can't tell from your photo what is different about yours. It looks like it is welded in the same spot. What do you think?

If you feel up to it and have a caliper, please measure the body diameter of the Johnny Joint. I can compare that to what we plan for.

Again, sorry for the hassle. Please call in and ask for Cory on Monday if you need help.

IMG_6592.jpg

IMG_6591.jpg

Zstairlessone

I'm bummed you had a problem. I went to the shop and looked at an axle being assembled. I do not recall this happening before, so I would like to figure out why yours is an issue. Here are a couple of pics of a front LCA bracket on an Elite XD60 in the shop. I can't tell from your photo what is different about yours. It looks like it is welded in the same spot. What do you think?

If you feel up to it and have a caliper, please measure the body diameter of the Johnny Joint. I can compare that to what we plan for.

Again, sorry for the hassle. Please call in and ask for Cory on Monday if you need help.

View attachment 305192

View attachment 305193

[emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]

WJCO

Meme King
Awesome that Dynatrac would reply on a Sunday. It's rare that an issue comes up with their products, but seems like when there is one, they are right there and really care to fix it. Very cool.

AZVAJKU

Hooked
I am running the EVO short arms on my XD60 and the JJ’s clear the bracket skids. It’s pretty close but there is no binding.

Dynatrac- thanks for responding on a Sunday, yet another reason I buy your products.

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug

View attachment 305192

View attachment 305193

Thanks for the reply! [emoji1303] I’ll try and get a measurement. They’re the teraflex monster control arms with Johnny joints. Not sure if they’re a different size compared to others.

Do have a question regarding the bump stops for the front. I thought I saw it some where but couldn’t find it. What the size and thread pitch for the bolts required?

Thanks again! You guys have been great.

Top Bottom